new to all of this...

GoldenMotor.com

crabdance

May 16, 2008
Hi everyone,
I'm very new to all of this. Been reading up on motorized bikes for a little over a week now and I'm sold. I want one so bad I can't stand it, but I'm short on funds (who isn't). Glad that I found this board and I hope to be here for a while. Nice to meet you all.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Hey crabdance, welcome to the forum. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. One good thing about bikes is if you are a pretty good scrounger people will give you bikes for free. Lots of em don't need much work at all to make them into a motorized bike. Have fun building and take lots of pictures..............

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Hi everyone,
I'm very new to all of this. Been reading up on motorized bikes for a little over a week now and I'm sold. I want one so bad I can't stand it, but I'm short on funds (who isn't). Glad that I found this board and I hope to be here for a while. Nice to meet you all.
Do what I did, just set aside $20 every one or two weeks, plus any extra windfall can go into the pot. Then hit eBay. Got me hooked!!! (^)

:welcome: ^5

crabdance

May 16, 2008
Do what I did, just set aside $20 every one or two weeks, plus any extra windfall can go into the pot. Then hit eBay. Got me hooked!!! (^)

:welcome: ^5
Hi Pablo,
That's what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to save every penny I can :) Since you mention eBay, I have a question for you. I notice that the prices are better on eBay than on other commercial web sites... do you know why this is? Just wondering.

Thanks for the advice..

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Well some of the eBay guys cut corners....but some of them just make money on the shipping. $99 for the kit, $99 for shipping. I Normally send someone to Dax, but first time out for the lowest bucks, your best bet MAY be eBay......it's a classic decision. With DAX the stuff will work. (something Chinese may very well be goofy though). With the eBay kits there will be a defect (or more than one) and it's up to you to find it! (Usually a low cost fix)

crabdance

May 16, 2008
Well some of the eBay guys cut corners....but some of them just make money on the shipping. $99 for the kit, $99 for shipping. I Normally send someone to Dax, but first time out for the lowest bucks, your best bet MAY be eBay......it's a classic decision. With DAX the stuff will work. (something Chinese may very well be goofy though). With the eBay kits there will be a defect (or more than one) and it's up to you to find it! (Usually a low cost fix)
Can you give me the url to Dax so I can take a look? I might want to stick with something that I know will work because I'm not that much of a handyman. I appreciate your time and your help. It's nice to know that someone is willing to help these days. Especially when you don't know too much about the subject matter.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
No, dunces on this site. Just some people not as aquainted with the site as others. When you get ready to start building there are some really smart and experienced motorized bicycle builders that are more than willing to give advice and help. This is the friendliest and most helpful forum I have ever been a part of............

crabdance

May 16, 2008
No, dunces on this site. Just some people not as aquainted with the site as others. When you get ready to start building there are some really smart and experienced motorized bicycle builders that are more than willing to give advice and help. This is the friendliest and most helpful forum I have ever been a part of............
Thanks about the dunces :) Still learning my way around. I have a question. Why do 4 stoke engine kits cost so much more than 2 stroke? I like the idea of being able to just pull up to the gas station and get gas. I've read (this morning) that the 4 strokes will last longer than 2 strokes? What is your (or anyone else's) opinion on the 2 stroke vs. 4 stroke question?

crabdance

May 16, 2008
Sorry about asking so many questions on the introduction thread. I will try and ask my questions in the right section(s) from here on out.

thanks everyone