what kind of hubs does Worksman use now?

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
just trying to find out what Worksman is using for rear coaster brakes and front drums.

the Worksman's i have are older, and use Bendix Coasters and Atom front drums, both of which aren't made anymore. my rims are also stamped "Worksman Made in Japan."

i'm gonna be building another bike soon, and wanna know if i should lace up my own wheels, or get them straight from Worksman.

i know i could just call them, but what fun is that?

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
I just picked up a set of the aluminum Worksman rims for my 26" bike. Thought I could save a couple pounds. The rear hub is the standard Shimano 110 coaster brake. The front drum shell is all aluminum with plated steel anchor arm. Not sure the brand. I looked and didn't see any manufacturer info. My brother said it looks just like the atom so maybe they are building from existing inventory. Very cool wheels and also rather expensive.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
cool, shimano's are probably the only good hub left.

any way you could post a couple pics of the drum? i could tell you if it was an atom, or close to it.

i've seen some really lousy new drums, that's why i'm askin'.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
I will try to post some pictures tonight when I get home from work. Besides, I have a couple little surprises with these wheels that you may be interested in...................

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
We probably have the same idea. Yes, I put spookydokes on all the spokes. It wasn't easy finding them in 11 gauge!

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
Thats affirmative Bairdco.. A Shimano CB-110 on the rear. Ill let you know next week on the front drums. My bikes are finished and ready to ship. I had them all set up with the 36 tooth front sprockets per your comment. I'm hoping in doing so that they dropped the chaingaurd down for us when assembling them. The more room the better.