Front Mounted Strobe Light

GoldenMotor.com

ut1205

Jul 4, 2009
Tennessee
I just read an article that said that 75% or bicycle / car crashes are frontal for the bicycle. Only 25% from the rear. That suprised me. Anyone found a source for a front mounted white or amber strobe light that can be seen in daylight? I have found different lights for the rear and use the Planet Bike led strobe on the back of mine. I don't mind mounting a small sla battery if it is really bright.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
I ride on the far ride side of the road with traffic,so if i get hit its going to be from behind.
I dont worry about lights during the day,its the night time that you need to be lit up really good.

Last edited:

ut1205

Jul 4, 2009
Tennessee
The article I was reading addressed cars pulling out of side streets. Said that auto drivers were looking for other cars, not bicycles so the crash would be frontal for the bike and side for the car. I really don't want to have that experience. I ride on the far right side of the road also. Right where the broken glass, rocks, gravel, 2 x 4's and other nasty stuff live.

Guess I need to look at places that sell safety equipment for forklifts, heavy equipment, etc.

ut1205

Jul 4, 2009
Tennessee
The article I was reading addressed cars pulling out of side streets. Said that auto drivers were looking for other cars, not bicycles so the crash would be frontal for the bike and side for the car. I really don't want to have that experience. I ride on the far right side of the road also. Right where the broken glass, rocks, gravel, 2 x 4's and other nasty stuff live.

Guess I need to look at places that sell safety equipment for forklifts, heavy equipment, etc.

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
check this out! I run the minewt dual lights. they have high, low beams and strobe for daylight and have a rechargeable battery.LED's , so their nice and bright. you get your money's worth.

ut1205

Jul 4, 2009
Tennessee
Nice, but I would hate to have a headlight that cost more than my bike. I think I will just paint a "Bullseye" on my shirt. No one around here can hit one of those.

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I think I'd start aiming at someone with a bright flashing strobe on their bike.
No **** they probably would start aiming at me too. I get annoyed with the buses here that have strobe lights on the roof.

I do have a NiteRider on one of my bikes and I do worry about it getting ripped off. It doesn't do strobe, that is a new feature. I love the Serengeti flashlights I use, You get 2 for under $30 they have low/high/strobe, I only run one of them at a time as they are more than bright enough.

I have been putting valve stem flashers on the bikes lately, I hope that helps people see me.

Prof Fate

Aug 19, 2008
St.Louis (Brentwood), MO
Before my engine powered light from Norm arrived I bought this from Wally World

Walmart.com: Platinum iPulse LED Bike Light: Bikes, Scooters & Skates

A surprisingly good little light for under 20 bucks that has a strobe feature. The battery life on strobe is over 28 hours so I use it in the day time. It really does help with those cars coming out of the side streets. At night I switch to continuous beam and aim it down at the road about 30 feet ahead of me and the other light farther ahead. It really helps the avoid road debris. Their tail light isn’t bad either.