Thats Dax F80 Premium Engine Kit - Is it worth it?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
well said......AMEN!

I love my Raw motor - my last one was a 66 and my current one is a 48. I haven't had any issues with them (that weren't my fault). I haven't seen any retailers for them since they started selling them themselves (they used to only do wholesale). I saw a couple sites that sell their electric bikes, and a couple others that sell them only in bulk (places that used to retail for them, but now are just getting rid of surplus Raw inventory and sell Grubees).

One thing I like is they have a reasonable warranty - 6 months covering motor itself (excluding improper gas/oil mixes). A lot of retailers have very limited warranties - to the point if you put gas in it you just voided it.

But, it's true - they're china built aluminum motors, it's all going to be relatively the same thing. Small upgrades in accessories, design, and hardware as the years progress, but never anything drastic. They're not v-twins - but they're also less than 150 bucks.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
I wouldnt pay 300 for any ht modded or not theres only so much power they will ever make and thats not much. most are fast enough stock and dont need any work ride it as many miles as it lasts toss in trash repeat.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Maybe it is worth it to someone new to the hobby, who needs a good warranty and the type of customer service, support and hand-holding that DAX provides.

For others who have tools, spare parts and can troubleshoot,service and repair their own stuff, then probably not worth it.

I don't know if the DAX engines are better or any more reliable than the ones for 150 bux.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
I agree. I hate this crap about, the prices are way too high, and sellers lie to u, and the engines are 68cc. Not 80cc. I bought a 2 stroke kit from daemon bikes and it was full of METAL shavings and its overheating. I'm looking for better engine. All I need is a new engine that is in great shape. The one that came with the kit aint worth a flip!

Last edited:

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
... and sellers lie to u, and the engines are 68cc. Not 80cc...
The sellers don't lie to you - they're manufactured in china, and in china they measure the entire cylinder. In the states, we measure from the top of the piston at bottom dead center.

Most retailers state that fact on their site.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
The sellers don't lie to you - they're manufactured in china, and in china they measure the entire cylinder. In the states, we measure from the top of the piston at bottom dead center.

Most retailers state that fact on their site.
Pffftt If that was true why isn't the 48 cc 2 stroke measured larger as well?
it should be a ~59 cc if your reasoning held up.

The factories don't inflate the 48 cc size because that makes them legal in many States.
Some 4 stroke sellers say their motors are smaller than 49.4 cc so they
are legal in many US States.

Why aren't the Chinese 4 strokes measured in the same inflated way?

Displacement cc = bore x stroke, it's that simple in any country.

Some retailers state that fact because they have been pressured into
doing it by us.
Myths and lies are really hard to stomp out once they get started....

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Excellent points Bio,

You hit several nails on the head here........I completely agree, the 80cc myth is just competitive intensional misleading marketing, one guy is trying to make it look like he has soemthing bigger and better than the next, same ole song & dance that applies to many things.

Pffftt If that was true why isn't the 48 cc 2 stroke measured larger as well?
it should be a ~59 cc if your reasoning held up.

The factories don't inflate the 48 cc size because that makes them legal in many States.
Some 4 stroke sellers say their motors are smaller than 49.4 cc so they
are legal in many US States.

Why aren't the Chinese 4 strokes measured in the same inflated way?

Displacement cc = bore x stroke, it's that simple in any country.

Some retailers state that fact because they have been pressured into
doing it by us.
Myths and lies are really hard to stomp out once they get started....

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
Yes to BGF I got one of his kits, so far it has went together well. not having instructions has been a challenge figuring out which part went where. Until I just tossed um all in a box ans started grabbing blind.

clutch cable big spring is to prevent melting the cable, little spring goes on the cable, stuff like that.

Got a buddy walking me threw it, and did some reading here. Thanks Shane.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Your welcome bro. Dan

I want to see that bike soon, and for us to take that hill country cruise we been talking about when ever we can get our schedules aranged and if the wives will turn us lose from the spring time chores....LOL!

I have bought 3 engine kits from BGF and everyone of them has been a pleasure to deal with, I'm sure he has a flop now and then just like the rest of the dealers but I think he offers a good bang for the buck and so far I've been pleased with my engines from him.

I've always thought an instructional DVD would be the berries with these kits, as cheap as DVD's are I wouldnt think that would be a big deal....but I guess it is or someone would be offering it..

Peace

QUOTE=dan+1;280312]Yes to BGF I got one of his kits, so far it has went together well. not having instructions has been a challenge figuring out which part went where. Until I just tossed um all in a box ans started grabbing blind.

clutch cable big spring is to prevent melting the cable, little spring goes on the cable, stuff like that.

Got a buddy walking me threw it, and did some reading here. Thanks Shane.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

gubba

Dec 29, 2008
jacksonville, florida
RAW MOTORS is selling the RAW for $160. including shipping. they are in Las Vegas.
having built over 30 engins for customers, the last 6 have all been RAW.
they are the strongest, most reliable engins i have ever built.
the owner of gasbikes.com says it is the only engine he will put on his own bikes.
i have a friend who runs 48 miles a day (round trip) to work for the last 2 years and still going strong

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
I just checked the site, I didn't see any for $160 with free shipping, but I do see the black or silver 80 for $129.95 + $29 S&H = $158.95.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
RAW MOTORS is selling the RAW for $160. including shipping. they are in Las Vegas.
having built over 30 engins for customers, the last 6 have all been RAW.
they are the strongest, most reliable engins i have ever built.
the owner of gasbikes.com says it is the only engine he will put on his own bikes.
Do you mean www.gasbike.net ?
So you are saying that Sam told you this?

In a past thread you said this
flying horse ....... 8 builds slant head, and regular. 3 totally destroyed clutch bearring sets, less than 500 miles each, 2 of my own 35,000 on each and still strong. another neighbor has 75,000 on his, i see it every day. another neighbor had past 90,000 last month when he moved to Tampa. see my comments at the end of this post
So you are claiming that you have 35,000, 75,000 and 90,000 miles? on your motors.
or was that feet?
Sounds incredible....

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
the raw kit is $129. and the shipping is $29
i call that $160.
not . net
www.gasbike.COM

2 of mine @35000
1 friend @ 7500
another @9000
You are claiming 35 thousand miles on a Chinese 2 stroke?
Original unrebuilt motor?

How many years did it take you to run up 35,000 miles?
Did you record the mileage with a speedometer?
What kind of speedometer?

www.gasbike.COM refers to gasbike.tripod.com

Last edited: