what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Oh! almost forgot to mention this, i've been seriously debating on getting this!

http://www.morinifrancousa.com/engine5.htm

That is a serious fabrication job to put an engine like that on a bike, not to mention that is a liquid cooled engine and will require a proper radiator, hope you plan to be using a well built high end bike If you ever attempt that one.

One another note.... dang bro you better get a rear brake hooked up on that bike....! you are riding dangerously for sure, and why are the side covers removed from your engine.. dont get a pant leg caught or thats another possible face plant...!

Ride safe and get a good rear brake on that thing....

Map

Munchiesgalore

Mar 8, 2014
Riverside, Ca.
That is a serious fabrication job to put an engine like that on a bike, not to mention that is a liquid cooled engine and will require a proper radiator, hope you plan to be using a well built high end bike If you ever attempt that one.

One another note.... dang bro you better get a rear brake hooked up on that bike....! you are riding dangerously for sure, and why are the side covers removed from your engine.. dont get a pant leg caught or thats another possible face plant...!

Ride safe and get a good rear brake on that thing....

Map
I'm hoping to use this type of bike.

http://youtu.be/JISkBOg0OHc

Munchiesgalore

Mar 8, 2014
Riverside, Ca.
i dont like the side covers, i love seeing the mechanics of the engine or should i say clutch and magneto, oh i know about the brakes. im waiting till i can afford some new parts for it. i still got my front brake and it works just as well.

Munchiesgalore

Mar 8, 2014
Riverside, Ca.
in my opinion i think we should be turning the members on to these morini engines. they have been a proven reliable engine for years now. ktm, husquvarna, and even Harley Davidson used these engines.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
in my opinion i think we should be turning the members on to these morini engines. they have been a proven reliable engine for years now. ktm, husquvarna, and even Harley Davidson used these engines.
many here have known about them and some have been running them for several years, personally I like the inexpensive china girls on my bikes, easy to tinker with and very inexpensive, most people dont have the money for the morini engines or the tools and ability to set them up on a bike, I have a Roketa 150cc scooter that I paid less for than what those Morini engines cost, I do like them and I know they are good, but the majority of the people on the forum or the majority of the ones that find it and want to build a bike up are looking at inexpensive, I have two Motorcycles for when I want to really get serious including the Scooter for a fun 60mph ride, but I enjoy my motorized bikes probably the most and it is just a fun hobby for me that I can continue because the HT ( Happy Time ) engines are cheap and easy to set up, they can be very dependable if built right also.

Map

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
yeah, i understand what you mean. im in the same position as many people on the site are, low cost is my friend but i just thought it would be a good idea.
Oh yeah you're right it would make an excellent ride no doubt and Im not knocking it at all, I could pull the funds together and do a build like that but I just choose to enjoy the little china girl engines, I have loads of tools and Im pretty handy with them, but I like having an inexpensive hobby that already. Ost me more than I should be spending......... if the wife only knew.....lol

She already says she thinks I would go nuts if I didnt get a new gift as she calls it in the mail almost everyday.......lol!

Maybe some day you'll get it all together and build yourself abike like that..... if so I hope I get to see it.

Map
.wee.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Are the Morini's back in production?
I went to morinifrancousa dot com and it does not look so.
Am I missing something here?
I see DeNardis is still around... Those engines are wicked!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I have just came into the possession of a 1929 Briggs & Stratton 2hp horizontal shaft engine.....with the original kick starter!! It does have compression and will run when 'boosted' with a squirt of WD-40. It looks exactly like the pict (though it's not this one.....didn't have my camera at the time). Left it at my Dad's for the time being.

Starting to think expensive thoughts.............LOL

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
OUTSTANDING SCORE!
You lucky so and so....

I rode My Pig for a good five hours today.
Dogwoods are in bloom!

My Pig is running sweet! (U of Memphis tiger statue, one of a bunch around the campus and town)

And I got the OCC chain and freewheel rebuilt so it rides again!
Had to bust off the freewheel and tear it down completely. It unscrewed while trying to break it loose! Working like new again!

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I really doubt they're the clones, you can see the subtle differences in the parts.
Most clones are subject to subtle differences, retailers often source clones from multiple manufacturers, pictures & product received may not be the same, nor is it inherent that all cloned products are of inferior quality.

KTM 50 1997-2001 Pro Senior / Pro Junior / Adventure Engine Replacement Kit

KTM50s produced between 1997- 2001 were built with Morini Franco engines. These original Morini Franco engines are no longer in production and most spare parts for these engines are no longer available.
DeNardis Competition engines produce more power, are lighter in weight and spare parts are readily available at more affordable prices.
http://www.denardisengines.com/ktm-engine-kits.html

http://www.denardisengines.com/50cc.html

DBA;
Labelle Off Road Motorsports Llc

Supplier;
Wuyi Shineng Bike Industry Co., Ltd.
Address: Wangshantou Industry Area, Quanxi Town, Wuyi, Jinhua, Zhejiang, China
City: Jinhua
Province/State: Zhejiang
Country/Region: China (Mainland)
Telephone: 86-579-89095988

Bottom line? I like the idea of the KTM50 clones, I'd like to see more 50cc builds and consumer awareness isn't a bad thing, it contributes to a more competitive market ;)

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Just finished adjusting the rear cones ------ again!! Cones...............sudden flashback to a Madonna concert in 1985.