what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Ok show and tell is over boys and girls.
I'm still tuning the Fred Tightcase motor, with this cold weather its proving to be quite a challenge just get it to run at all. It may have to wait until I get a least some 50ish days.
But blue loves the cold. We hooked up the tailer today and rode over to the laundrymat and today it was only 32º
What carb you running on the tight case Fred engine Huffy D?

I've been wanting to ride one of my bikes pretty bad the last few days but it ain't nothing but mud out here in the country, very sloppy muddy driveway and the county roads are a real mess, if I had a bike with long wide heavy duty fenders I'd go for a spin but I dont want to put myself or a bike through all that muddy mess.

Map
(^)

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I Hooked up the Specialized 700c x 38mm cream color tires with avenir heavy duty thorn proof tubes on a set of Weinman double walled rims with12 gauge blk powder coated spokes, you can see that the Specialized are a bit more true to the cream color then the Electra Amsterdam's (700cx40mm) and for being 38's compared to the size of the 40's there is no real size difference.

These will be going on the Shapleigh/ Pope

Attachments

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
Went go karting the other did about 60 laps the course was kinda small but what amazed me is the engine on this thing it idles so sillently doesn't vibrate.
I didn't even know it was on when I got in the whole time I was thinking the guy was going to come start it till the race started and I floored it

waldo11

Mar 10, 2013
bucks co
I Hooked up the Specialized 700c x 38mm cream color tires with avenir heavy duty thorn proof tubes on a set of Weinman double walled rims with12 gauge blk powder coated spokes, you can see that the Specialized are a bit more true to the cream color then the Electra Amsterdam's (700cx40mm) and for being 38's compared to the size of the 40's there is no real size difference.

These will be going on the Shapleigh/ Pope
I run a weinman double walled on one of my bikes,got about 1000 miles on it with no probs

Cruise

Oct 2, 2013
Australia
I rode it to work. Nice and simple.
Recently rattled out a few bugs from a new build, so happy to report an event-free casual ride. Bit cloudy, but I'm certainly not going to complain about that with northern hemisphere company present.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I rode it to work. Nice and simple.
Recently rattled out a few bugs from a new build, so happy to report an event-free casual ride. Bit cloudy, but I'm certainly not going to complain about that with northern hemisphere company present.

LOL Cruise. Those of us, up this way do thank you. (Is dang cold up this way!)

Really great to read you got her running well and got the bugs out. "Event free" is always a great thing.

Cruise

Oct 2, 2013
Australia
Bought a 32T sprocket for it today. Had engine vibrations, but figured with my 24" wheels I was just running out of revs when it starts vibing. Must have got lucky with my exhaust as the thing is so quiet. For now I'm just cruising around on it at the rattle-point which is 31kmh. Happy.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Bought a 32T sprocket for it today. Had engine vibrations, but figured with my 24" wheels I was just running out of revs when it starts vibing. Must have got lucky with my exhaust as the thing is so quiet. For now I'm just cruising around on it at the rattle-point which is 31kmh. Happy.
Just wanted to say I have a 32T on a 24" wheel and it works great, still has good low mid power and even though I have an old very badly balanced engine on that particular bike that doesnt do high revs good at all I still have a nice cruise speed of 28-30 mph with a top speed of 34 mph on that weak old Red Bat BGF engine.

With a good tuned and better balanced engine I would think that wheel sprocket comb could easily see 40 mph with a nice 34-36 mph cruise speed.

Map
(^)

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
Well the block is covered in the basement. Motor mount and intake tube are drying. One more coat of clear yet. Engine covers and head are in the oven curing :)

Cruise

Oct 2, 2013
Australia
Just wanted to say I have a 32T on a 24" wheel and it works great, still has good low mid power and even though I have an old very badly balanced engine on that particular bike that doesnt do high revs good at all I still have a nice cruise speed of 28-30 mph with a top speed of 34 mph on that weak old Red Bat BGF engine.

With a good tuned and better balanced engine I would think that wheel sprocket comb could easily see 40 mph with a nice 34-36 mph cruise speed.

Map
(^)
Cheers, that's great to hear. It'll be the final mod to this bike I reckon.

Bldr1000

Aug 26, 2013
Hoover, Alabama
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I spent two months working with CNS carb that came with 66 cc china girl and could not get it to perform. I ordered a Dellorto SHA Clone and same results after changing jets . drilling jets etc, I finally ordered a NT carb and short intake and tonight I istalled the NT carb and she runs like a scalded dog. Cant wait till morning so I can go on long ride.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I spent two months working with CNS carb that came with 66 cc china girl and could not get it to perform. I ordered a Dellorto SHA Clone and same results after changing jets . drilling jets etc, I finally ordered a NT carb and short intake and tonight I istalled the NT carb and she runs like a scalded dog. Cant wait till morning so I can go on long ride.
Glad to hear you got ur running nice, I've personally had great results with both th NT carb and the Dellorto Clone carb from thatsdax aka the RT Carb, a 70 jet has worked perfectly in both of mine, top speed with the RT carb hasnt shown to be any better than the little NT carbs, but m low to modrange throttle response and power were noticeably improved with the RT carbs.

Nothing at all wrong with the NT carb, I've seen 45 +mph with an NT carb so they will do the job and are almost zero maintenance little jewels.

Map
.wee.

phatcruiser

Sep 23, 2013
San Diego
Had a drum brake laced into the front wheel. When I went to start the bike up after putting the new wheel on, no go. I troubleshoot and figure out fuel isn't getting from the carb to the cylinder.

Today I took the carb apart and cleaned it. Reassembled it and she runs great. Messed around with the idle jet to see how it works.

That is the first time I have dared take apart a carb. I was like a proud papa after I got her running. Took her out for an hour around Oceanside cruising through neighborhoods and enjoyed the sunny afternoon.

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
Not much for real. I went to my sons for dinner and came home get more work completed. And did a little
R&D on some other projects coming up soon!!!!
Mean while back at the "Bike Cave" there is so
intresting things happening!!!

Intrepid Wheelwoman

Oct 29, 2011
Hauraki District, New Zealand
Tonight I helped my daughter with overhauling a Crystalyte bicycle hub motor wheel I had stashed away in the garage. This is going to be used on the full suspension mountain bike I got for her a while ago to replace the original rear wheel. We were looking at using a motor drive via a chain, but using the Crystalyte should make things easier to set up.

waldo11

Mar 10, 2013
bucks co
we have gotten three snows this week so i have been stareing at my bike. every now and then i swear i hear her wisper" ride me ",but i am just too old to fall down.cant wait for warmer days so i can answer her call

sboricic123

Apr 15, 2013
Bailieboro, Ontario
My bike is put away for the snow season. But I did buy a new #41 chain, 10ft, plus a couple master links for less than $20 at a hardware store. I plan on putting on the new chain and a new tire on the back during the snow season and hopefully have it ready for the spring.