what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Picked up some cool looking bars for a couple bucks and tried them on last night and took it for a ride this morning. It feels good but I need more than a 5 minute ride to really comment. These bars are just ever so slightly thinner than the throttle, brake and clutch can squeeze down to so I added some white medical tape temporarily to get them to clamp down. I also added a washer by the clutch stem to reduce the rattle.

Dan.

looks great Dan, those look very much like the bars I have on my orange bike now, so far I like them.

Map

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Sadly, I took Dorathy for a final ride then emptied the tank and drained the carb.

With the colder weather and my job in retail, the windows of opportunity and good weather won't intersect much until spring.
good insulated over-hauls gloves and some goggles and BAM........ youre good to go man....LOL!

Thats what I do when I get the itch and just have to ride, did it yesterday as a matter of fact... I dont ride much in the winter either, I live several miles from town out in the country so the F150 is much more comfortable.

Map

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
Just got my new twist throttle now I got a problem with cable length is there any need for the elbow in the cable? I'm thinking about cutting it off with my dremel. Or is there any way I can use a different cable?

Sister Bike

Nov 10, 2013
Michigan
.xx.Replaced easty strip China bolts with American made triple hardend bolts to mount my motor. Shes stayin! I pull my motor out frequently to adjust float because I can't get to it. Carb issue is over with, and cheap chiner bolts were to! My $75 Pocket Motor was going 45mph today in the wind. It climbs better up hills than 4 stroke Heshing. I love the fact I can push or pedal it with ease. Ready to take orders for easy install mounting kits with instructional video.

Attachments

Last edited:

rock out

Jul 5, 2013
canada
So I took off that elbow and boy am I lucky the cable is just the right length now. Just took her for a spin had trouble with the choke arm so I took apart the speed not carb filter to really tighten that but hopefully it doesn't come loose again. Also won 20 at lotto wheel of fortune at the convenience store:p wooot!dance1

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
.xx.Replaced easty strip China bolts with American made triple hardend bolts to mount my motor. Shes stayin! I pull my motor out frequently to adjust float because I can't get to it. Carb issue is over with, and cheap chiner bolts were to! My $75 Pocket Motor was going 45mph today in the wind. It climbs better up hills than 4 stroke Heshing. I love the fact I can push or pedal it with ease. Ready to take orders for easy install mounting kits with instructional video.
Now thats a seat..... i'll bet that is comfy..

Did you drill through the frame for your engine mount?

Map

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
looks great Dan, those look very much like the bars I have on my orange bike now, so far I like them.

Map
Im really, really enjoying the new feel of these bars just one downside, you have to really keep a good grip on them around here, we have really bumpy roads.

In other news, I chatted with Dave from Arrow this evening for quite awhile and wow what a nice guy! I had many questions and he really helped me out and offered up some great advice. To date every vendor and forum member Ive chatted with (and its a fast growing list) have all been really great folks.

Dan.

BonusParts

Nov 28, 2012
SE-PA
Today Im doing final checks, and tomorrow will be departing on a 5-6 leg journey that may span about 50 miles, depending on the temperature at midnight :)

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Im really, really enjoying the new feel of these bars just one downside, you have to really keep a good grip on them around here, we have really bumpy roads.

In other news, I chatted with Dave from Arrow this evening for quite awhile and wow what a nice guy! I had many questions and he really helped me out and offered up some great advice. To date every vendor and forum member Ive chatted with (and its a fast growing list) have all been really great folks.

Dan.
Very true Dan we have lots of good down to earth folks here on forum and as vendors for all the parts and goodies.

Map
.wee.

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Put my tank back on. No leaks. Been riding it for a little bit. Doesn't like the cold too much. Maybe that's my spark plug doing that. hehe

Carb is trying to disintegrate. argh

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Took my bike to work this morn. Left @ 4am it was dark and cold. Left at noon and it was a beautiful clear Nov. day about 50 degrees. 7mile ride through pretty country, God I love my bike! Well - this afternoon- me and my buddy Steve swapped out his CNS v3 for an NT. Hands are still gassy. Success! an excellent day!

Last edited:

Ratt_Bones

Aug 2, 2013
Appleton, Wi.
What did I do today?
Well I'm glad you asked!!!

My GT-5 and I broke 50mph this evening!
Both my front fender, and my rear fender vibrated until they broke, and my rear bracer went into the spokes, but it was worth it!

I rode past a PD radar box, and saw 48mph. So I made a few more passes, and made a few more carb adjustments. 52mph is now my top speed to beat!

I am beyond effing stoked!!!!!!! dance1

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Pulled the trigger today on one of Neil Senior's balanced engines. Sounds like a good affordable upgraded block and a full review will follow as I prep and install it in The Pig II.
I went with Neil rather than Dax for three reasons:
1. Neil makes no false "made in America" claims.
2. Neil's motor is complete with top end.
3. Neil has a better price.
I've been thinking about a dax balanced bottom for awhile, but the need for a top end and the false advertising kept me from buying.
Neil's engine looks like a great deal!
Time will tell...

Sister Bike

Nov 10, 2013
Michigan
Yeah, drilled through frame to mount motor. There is a trick to it. I am going to be offering the mounts and everything needed with instructional DVD shortly.