Mopeds The Other Motorized Bicycles

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I don't think mopeds are a good fit for this forum. They're more 'scooter' than bicycle; & they have their own forums... (& we have ours.)

Just because they have pedals, doesn't make them bicycles.

We have a little fascination with 'board trackers' around here, but that's only because of their styling. People don't actually visit this web site to talk about building & repairing them. (I'm sure they have their own.)

The focus of this web site is & should remain 'motorizing bicycles'.

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I don't think mopeds are a good fit for this forum. They're more 'scooter' than bicycle; & they have their own forums... (& we have ours.)

Just because they have pedals, doesn't make them bicycles.

We have a little fascination with 'board trackers' around here, but that's only because of their styling. People don't actually visit this web site to talk about building & repairing them. (I'm sure they have their own.)

The focus of this web site is & should remain 'motorizing bicycles'.
I think Norm may be right in that it might get a little too confusing for the general public.....very similar, yet very different. Mopeds do have their own forums....they come motorized from the factory as well..... really a different beast altogether. Motorized bikes are a lot more unique, I think we should keep it that way. Just my thoughts....dnut

Last edited:

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
This forum seem very sucessful. Probably should be left as it is.
That said, the only way I could use my motorized bike legally here in NY, was to convert it to a moped. It is now a Puch.
And the rest of the Puch (minus the headlight (that is part of the conversion) on my bike, is saying- "look at these nice shiny, strong wheels with brakes in the hubs! Build me a board track replica out of them and that big mower motor over in the corner".