Pre build: weed eater advice

GoldenMotor.com

pocdragon

Apr 30, 2011
RI
Hey missle!

once you get that engine apart you will be able to get a good look at the internals

if your pull start is on the out-shaft side your going to lose the pull start to attach the drive peg, if the pull start is on the far side then you can use it to start the engine without bump starts

i suggest using a BMX peg, they usually require no extra tooling to get on the shaft, the hard part is getting it centered and parrallel. i use tape to fill in the gap of the shaft and hole,then as mentioned above drop, a washer town the peg and fasten a nut with some red lock tight down on it.

heres my FD road bike thread:
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=32444

dont even pretend to use the 'wacker clutch if it has one at all, they are crap for moving 150(-+)lbs. your going to have to make aclutch that picks the engine up off the wheel. this is easier then it sounds.

commonly refered to as the "scissor clutch" or "scissor lift", the engine is mounted on a heavy duty hinge, allowing it to raise and lower onto the wheel

the two grey steel pieces are pulled by a lever on the handelbars, this straightens them out and moves the engine up.

use angle aluminum or box like lowracer suggested

start posting pics too

Goodluck on your WASP bike

(wheres deacon anyway? lol)

missle3944

Feb 28, 2012
California
PCDragon,

Thanks for the reply. I was able to get everything dis assembled but when I pulled out the piston I had my finger on the ring so it broke :( . I think I might just hang this one up for a while. I think I will invest in a cranbrook cruiser from walmart and a 2 stroke engine kit.

-missle3944