Camouflage from theives/killers on a friction?

GoldenMotor.com

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
locks just keep honest people honest! If someone wants your bike and they will,with some time it will be gone in about 60 seconds. I just run a kryptonite bicycle cable through my frame and also through my front wheel and then to what Iam locking to. but then again Iam never too far away from the bike in the first place.If I go into a store Iam not in there very long and where there are a lot of people I hope it detours theft.

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
locks just keep honest people honest! If someone wants your bike and they will,with some time it will be gone in about 60 seconds. I just run a kryptonite bicycle cable through my frame and also through my front wheel and then to what Iam locking to. but then again Iam never too far away from the bike in the first place.If I go into a store Iam not in there very long and where there are a lot of people I hope it detours theft.
I love all the "Bear Grylls" and survivorman stuff. Is that a real photograph on your avatar? I would love to see the airstream in full rez. I will let ya know. I will be mostly chaining it to Municipal gas lines.. If they pull out the gas lines then they have MUCH bigger people interested in them than lil ol' me. I will be using a silent alarm. There is also remote DC powered motion detectors out there. I bought a couple once and that sounds like fun as it triggers anything you want it to and is not dependent on 120 volts like the motion detector lights sold everywhere.. Instead of a light wire a radio inside to go off or 2000 watts of floodlights and a siren at night to greet your friends that visit. The trespasser ones should be silent.

"Bear Grylls" I watched those things all summer and am hardly using any heat in the house.. Roughing it because I can and I like it that way!

breeze

Sep 28, 2009
San Antonio, TX
While searching for ways to hide the tank and engine I came across this thread. On GPS you can get a boost phone rather cheap, service is only 10 every 3 months. I did this a year ago using info from InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking. My plan was to catch the thieves that stole my sons bikes 2 times already. Not sure how to hide the phone and keep it charged though. Maybe someone here has an idea there.

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
Secure your bolts with red loctite and they will never come off. I have a muffler strap bolted on with red loctite and if I ever want that muffler off I'm gonna have to cut that strap. Screwdriver and wrench only strips the bolt. Trying to disguise something like an engine may only draw attention to it all the mre. Securing it, locking it, parking in a secluded area, and tracking are your best options.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
red loctite...easy heat to 400 degrees or use 1/2 drive tools and long ratchet it will come loose. i they want to steal it bad enough your only going to slow them down.
Make it more of a pain to steal they will look for something thats easier to steal