Big Problem, Need Help Fast

GoldenMotor.com

CARider

May 20, 2013
San Rafael, CA-Mesa, AZ
Hi guys!
I have a boygofast wider intake china girl. This week, I was trying to start it many many times without spark plug cap on. Also, I took apart my NT carb to clean, and took the slant head off, and then put it back on. After replacing my tire after it exploded 1 mile from home, there was a loud clicking noise coming from the engine. Almost like a spark sound. It is the loudest when I try to start it, there is almost always a very load spark noise, and it continues through your ride, the most when you are going from 0 to whatever mph. When you go faster, so does the sprak sound. Please help! Can't go a weekend without riding her.
Thanks!
-Zane
:-||

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Hi guys!
I have a boygofast wider intake china girl. This week, I was trying to start it many many times without spark plug cap on. Also, I took apart my NT carb to clean, and took the slant head off, and then put it back on. After replacing my tire after it exploded 1 mile from home, there was a loud clicking noise coming from the engine. Almost like a spark sound. It is the loudest when I try to start it, there is almost always a very load spark noise, and it continues through your ride, the most when you are going from 0 to whatever mph. When you go faster, so does the sprak sound. Please help! Can't go a weekend without riding her.
Thanks!
-Zane
:-||
Sounds like the piston is hitting plug did you by chance remove ring from head?

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Which ring are you talking about?
Thanks for quick reply.
On the head you have a ring that seats into the gasket and seals it
(if you milled the head sandpaper and mirror) then it's gone
if you need a pic I can post one
and if you have an extra gasket put both on and see if it goes away.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Got to go to store
if that is it, you need a gasket if it isn't
well you might want to get an automotive
stethoscope and see exactly which part of engine is making noise
hope you find answers
also with no gasket head may not be sealed
and you could be hearing escaping gasses
pfft pfft pfft pfft pfft pfft

Last edited: