2 motors not yet mounted

GoldenMotor.com

adventureboyseven

Jul 22, 2012
Niagara Falls

I have an older 20 inch hub motor that used to be on a folding supercycle from the 70s. I added a suspension seat post after the pounding of no suspension gave me back spasms, that required 2 week of physio.

I also have a Golden Motor 13 inch scooter wheel, but no controller. This I plan to mount on a bike trailer, home made like a bob. It will also have suspended trainer type wheels as with the batt pak it will be a heavy beast.

The frame is started, and I have all the parts. No welder yet, so I plan on using the metal plate and rivets/screws for attachment of cargo pod and removable cooler pod mounts.

I was surfing Utah Trikes and they sell an elec pusher trailer that looks alright

That is it for now, cheers from Niagara Falls, Adventureboy7

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome adventureboy. great to have you with us. look forward to hearing about your builds. as far as back pain i know just what you mean, i used to race mountain bikes and i liked a small frame around a 15 or 16 inch. i am 6'1 and the bike before this one was on a 15 inch frame and the back pain was terrible when i motorized it. my electric bicycle i have on a 20 inch mountain bike and no more back pain. i think a proper fit is more important then most relize for just cruising around

adventureboyseven

Jul 22, 2012
Niagara Falls
Suspension still rules for me when motored up. Right now my main ride is a Aluminum road bike with a huge gel saddle. The frame is 19", and I am 5" 11" and 250 pounds and built like an ape. ( 29.5 inseam, long back, and massive pythons)

Thanks for the welcome, Phil aka Adventureboy7