Addicted

GoldenMotor.com

IINoxiousII

May 10, 2012
MD
Hello all,
Been in the hobby for a little over six months now and loving it. Had my first build stolen 2 months ago

That threw a big wrench into my fun. I had just gotten finished installing all sorts of goodies like a boost bottle, centrifugal clutch, shift kit, etc.... and finally had the CNS carb running beautifully after putting in a new main jet. Good thing was that my renters insurance covered most of everything that was stolen from my storage and I am on to my next build. Been reading and getting lots of great info from a few forums, so I wanted to extend my thanks to you veterans out there that help us newcomers to the game. I'm working on my next build and here is what I have so far. I decided to up the ante and go big on this one.

GT LTS Dual Suspension MB (26" wheels)
KTM 50 clone Engine /Dellorto Carb (9hp) (ThatsDax)
SBP Expansion Exhaust (SickBikeParts)
Pre-Built Rear Rim w/48 tooth Sprocket (PirateCycles)
(Thank you to all these great companies!!!!)

Open to any advice or suggestions since this will be my first high powered build. Looking forward to it!

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Those LTS frames have funky geometry, but it looks like a good start to a new build.

How'd you like the short expansion chamber? Just wondering....
Anyway, good luck on your new build. :)

IINoxiousII

May 10, 2012
MD
Yeah, the geometry is perfect. I remember when they came out in the 90's I was not too fond of the design. Funny now that I have an application for it I love it lol.

The expansion chamber was great. I definitely felt a difference. I had better low end response and it increased my top speed. The only thing I wasn't too fond of was the placement. If I could do it over again I would have modified it so that it was placed differently to give it a sleeker look. Still, overall I enjoyed the performance gain.
P

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Yeah, the geometry is perfect. I remember when they came out in the 90's I was not too fond of the design. Funny now that I have an application for it I love it lol.

The expansion chamber was great. I definitely felt a difference. I had better low end response and it increased my top speed. The only thing I wasn't too fond of was the placement. If I could do it over again I would have modified it so that it was placed differently to give it a sleeker look. Still, overall I enjoyed the performance gain.
P
So there was no low end loss? Where'd you get it?
I currently run without my exhaust cap on my stock muffler, nice and loud and gives awesome low end without sacrificing top end. :)

IINoxiousII

May 10, 2012
MD
No, it it was an all around improvement. It also gives your engine a nice sound without blowing out your neighbors windows.

I think I purchased it from Bikeberry, but I have been having a lot of problems with them lately. Everything I order has been out of stock and you can not tell from the website. Sickbikeparts sells an expansion chamber exhaust, which I just received and you can adjust it to your liking, and they ship the same day depending on when you put your purchase order through. I prefer this one to Bikeberry's. It is also sold in chrome as well. They also update their site daily, so you don't purchase anything that is out of stock

Last edited:

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
No, it it was an all around improvement. It also gives your engine a nice sound without blowing out your neighbors windows.

I think I purchased it from Bikeberry, but I have been having a lot of problems with them lately. Everything I order has been out of stock and you can not tell from the website. Sickbikeparts sells an expansion chamber exhaust, which I just received and you can adjust it to your liking, and they ship the same day depending on when you put your purchase order through. I prefer this one to Bikeberry's. It is also sold in chrome as well. They also update their site daily, so you don't purchase anything that is out of stock
Cool. I want a new exhaust since my neighbor complained about the noise. The stock muffler makes the HT engines wheezy.
Test run today. I can't wait!
xct2
Looks good. Don't forget the videos. ;)

IINoxiousII

May 10, 2012
MD
Engine starts, but the Jet size is a bit large I think. I ordered new Jets, so hopefully that's my problem. Will definitely get some videos up once she's running at her full potential. I am loving the expansion chamber from sickbikeparts.com. It comes with everything you need to attach it to your liking. I ordered extra silicon tubing as well. It came in handy for my mounts and for connecting the piping. I also got the silencer for this build. I'm sure I am sacrificing some power, but as of yet I am not sure how much. I'll fill you in once I know more.
-------
I was running 30:1 I believe. For each gallon I was putting in 4 ounces of 2 stroke synthetic oil. Here is the brand I was using. I bought it from Home Depot. There may be better out there, but it worked great for me:

I was having a ton of issues with the stock carburetor. I found a ton of air leaks, but once I solved that the 65 Jet worked great. 70 also worked, but I still had some 4 stroking at full throttle. The boost bottle helped smooth out the idle and helped the low, mid, and full throttle response.
I hope that helps. dance1

IINoxiousII

May 10, 2012
MD
How is the bike running littletinman? Did the jet replacement work out for you? If you want to try different sizes I have a few leftover from my old build that doesn't fit my new carb. You are more than welcome to have them.

IINoxiousII

May 10, 2012
MD
You can have them. I don't have a use for the CNS jets either lol. I am still tuning the carb but once I get it right I will let you have whichever ones you want to try. I can't work on it right now though. Front tire blew out on me and I took a pretty good spill. I need to re-attach the muffler and get it running again. I will keep you posted so I can get those jets to you.

IINoxiousII

May 10, 2012
MD
Hey, that's great to hear. The difference is night and day once you have it running at its full potential and then you never want to get off or wish you had a larger gas tank lol. Sorry, I haven't gotten back to you. I have been nursing my wounds lately, waiting on my new tires, and haven't had a chance to fix the muffler. Have fun riding!

IINoxiousII

May 10, 2012
MD
The tires were old and were probably the original tires on the bike made in 98' lol. I knew it was a potential hazard and overlooked it. Too much heat, leaning too hard, and going too fast was the recipe for destruction. *POP* and that was all she wrote lol. The rim hit the ground and just slid out from under me before I had a chance to do anything.

I ordered some thick Kenda Kiniption tires 26 x 2.3 along with some downhill inner tubes with thickened walls built for the stress. Not sure when they will be in. They were on back order. Probably in a week or so. I should be good by then to ride too. I'll look into the tire liners. The more protection the better!

IINoxiousII

May 10, 2012
MD
I have a final tomorrow and work afterwards, but after then I am free for a few weeks. My brother in law was telling me about some trails he found that are good for riding. Let me know if you want to ride littletinman