New to Motorized bikes

GoldenMotor.com

Chapter7slave

May 6, 2012
California
Hello friends, I got a kit and made my first build. Its up and running and still in the break in period. It is totally fun and Im looking forward to much more. I know there will be a bunch of questions to follow as I go through the trials and tribulations of these bikes. I want to thank all of you for your advise and knowledge for the future newbie questions. i cant wait to be smashing around downtown LA with it. Attached is photo of my bike sorry for the crappy resolution.

Attachments

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
First off I want to welcome you to the best MB forum I could find. Not only do we have a wide range of knowledgeable members, but also and the most active, should you have questions, the response time is really fast.

We have numerous “stickies” that cover just about any aspect on all MB’s, along with a “SEARCH” function. Although at times it isn’t the easiest to use. This is due to that the title of the post that isn’t specific enough. Posting titles like “Help” doesn’t help others doing a search, and I and others tend to pass them up at times, only going back a later time, which makes an answer longer to get.

Should you have a question, and to make it easier on members, Please state specifics about your subject, such as if you have a engine problem, tell us what engine you have, along with any other important information that we night need to help you, like what carburetor you have, if known. A picture is always helpful. Like the saying goes….a picture is like a 1000 words, also we may see something that might needs to be addressed. Believe me; it happens more often then you think. We know that there are those that are not that knowledgeable, or are mechanically challenged (unusually, PC correct :>), so there is not a stupid question, although I do think that sometimes there are some, so bear with me. Hey what do you expect with 50 years of wrenches in my hands, but we all had to start somewhere.

For those that are not knowledgeable on the terms of parts on a China 2 cycle (some are specific to these HT engines), here is a link that lists about every HT part. It is real hard for me to understand what a “thingy”, “whatcha ya call it” “thing of a jig” is.
http://www.bicycle-engines.com/2stroke-parts-c-4.html?osCsid=ges5a73qhdeuvshi19srjuq544

I have a link in my signature that everyone starting out with a Chinese 2 cycle ought to read. Most are also included in many of the “stickies” This deals with pre installing a HT engine in the frame, engine not running correctly and more.

Once again, welcome to the world of MB’s, and have a safe, enjoyable riding experience.
Ron

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Welcome aboard, 7.

Xcellent WX in LA now! You picked a great time to get into MABs!!!

Whew! Lotsa traffic in LA, though! Keep your eyes and ears open!

I've been through the LA metropolitan fwy system on motorcycles, and also in big diesel trucks w/flatracks... it is difficult driving!

Best
rc