thought id start small...

GoldenMotor.com

startup631

May 1, 2012
new york
hi i'm brandon i just got a kit for my bike and it worked fine for awhile then the chain got jammed in the front sprocket and i pushed the bike with the clutch on i got the chain out but now the engines not turning over i can pedal it with the clutch off or on with only a slight difference but the motor won't kick the both sprockets are turning what could be the problem? i'd really like to get this thing going again thanks zpt

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Check to see if your clutch lever/cable has very slight slack when released and try it again and tell us what it does, and we'll go from there.

bluegiant

May 1, 2012
Poland
then the chain got jammed in the front sprocket and i pushed the bike with the clutch on i got the chain out but now the engines not turning over i can pedal it with the clutch off or on with only a slight difference but the motor won't kick the both sprockets are turning what could be the problem? i'd really like to get this thing going again thanks zpt
You shuould not push with clutch ON. You probably broke it completly. Not to worry, was broken anyway - engine should't stop. :)
Probably, you mounted this kit not well enought. I'd bet, that your both sprockets (front&rear) are not i one straight line ( I mean, chain have to be straight between them, as much as possible.) .

My English is poor, but my knowledge is a bit more reach.
Take off front sprocket cover and send some pics.
Just don't take the pics from a distance of a Mile. Closer look will be much more helpfull. :)

Sprocket, may be no longer a part of the engine.
Don't be surprised, if it just simply fall down along with the chain.
It's chinese made, everything may happen.

Pozdrawiam
bluegiant

Last edited:

startup631

May 1, 2012
new york
thanks everybody turns out it was the clutch i'm still having problems with it as its been since the beginning it either won't run or run poorly for a short amount then die i think it has to do with the jet setting considering its been toyed with what setting is going to get it going? (like how many turns from all the way in is right for this) dance1

Uncle Salty

May 2, 2012
Central Mich
Welcome brandon- I don't know your background so I'll be thorough,Turn the needle in until it seats gently, The range of adjustability should be 1 1/8 turns to 1 3/4 turns SO---Turn the needle out 1-1/4 turns, pull the aircleaner off and see that the choke flap is working, pull the plug and check for spark by lying it against the head while rotating engine, the spark should be blue, if the spark is orange ,it may not fire under compression,and replacing it may or may not cure the weak spark, If you have good spark, reinstall the plug, make sure the gas is on, if it doesn't flow down the tube there may be, depending on the carb a little silver button with a spring under it on the left side top of the carb, press the button down repeatedly till you see at least 1/4 of the fuel line filled, Then try to start it, I'll check back on ya UncleSalty

bluegiant

May 1, 2012
Poland
it either won't run or run poorly for a short amount then die
Had the same problem.

Also check the fuel cap. When it won't start just open the tank and close it back. If it then starts, means that cap is not properly mounted.
Fuel cap should let the air inside the tank. When fuel is running low air should replace the space inside tank.
If cup is tight and not let air to go, inside tank you got some sort of underpressure. This underpressure holds the fuel inside tank and won't let it flow fluently to the carb.

Solution is to drill a small hole (max 2mm drill) inside the cap. So the air will go inside but fuel won't split.
Drill it on the edge, that gasket will not cover it.

I'll give a pic, cos I'm not sure if I'm unerstandable. :)

Don't worry, startup631. S.it happens, as people say.

I had to completely dismount my engine when I bought it. (Bought it brand new.)
Click on this -----> http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?p=387312#post387312
Unfortunatly, came brand new without factory sticker on it - because is Chinese made. :)

No one even checks those eningines in factory before they go out.
Not to say about whole engine kit quality control ....
Chinese factories don't have words "QUALITY CONTROL" in their's dictionaries. :)
We just have to get use to it, and live somehow with unpredictable Chinese technolgy,
mounted on our bikes. ;)

Pozdrawiam
bluegiant

Last edited: