Too Big???

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I don't mean to speak for SB, but I believe they're these...

7/8" K10 Hydraulic forks mini chopper motorcycle bike | eBay

MHF
Yes, those are the same forks. Very good quality, good looking and a great ride. The down side is that the space between the legs is such that you need an extra long axle bolt. There was a thread on these forks started by Barelyawake a year ago. I don't have the thread link, but there's some good information there. I haven't seen a post on that thread in a good while now, so I guess that means it's "dead".
SB

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
It's bad netiquette. If I came back and found someone had derailed my thread, I'd be pretty annoyed, and best believe everything in that thread would disappear.

Put the info in the right place, don't scatter it some more in tagless threads. :rolleyes:
I guess I don't have good 'netiquette'. A person asked a question about mounting the HF light, I knew something about it from my own experience and tried to help. I don't see how I was derailing the thread since it was still on the same subject, using a Harbor Freight dune buggy light as a motorbike headlight. I did want to share some enthusiasm for what I think is a good quality, inexpensive headlight that I'm happy with. I appreciate the tip on using this light which I learned right here from this thread.

If the moderators want to move it to the lighting section, that would be good, I guess. And if the originator of this thread is upset with my contribution then I'm sorry about that. Thanks for posting in the first place.
SB

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Please don't "minimod" - if you think a post violates our rules, report it. If the OP has an issue with the posts being made in their thread, they may ofc request their removal.

You may wish to consider that "netiquette" varies somewhat from forum to forum, here we appreciate old threads being revived as they often contain valuable information that would otherwise be overlooked & contributing to any thread with helpful and constructive suggestions is never frowned on.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Please don't "minimod" - if you think a post violates our rules, report it. If the OP has an issue with the posts being made in their thread, they may ofc request their removal.
I'm not "minimodding", and I consider you accusing me of it disrespectful and undermining my point. The OP is gone and yet another thread gets derailed by a new guy and Silverbear. If you ask me, he's the worst offender on this site for derailing threads. Sorry SB, I respect you, but you make an information mess here.

You may wish to consider that "netiquette" varies somewhat from forum to forum, here we appreciate old threads being revived as they often contain valuable information that would otherwise be overlooked & contributing to any thread with helpful and constructive suggestions is never frowned on.
You may wish to consider that this whole site is a mess when it comes to new guys finding information. Even people who know how to research have trouble finding a little tidbit they once read. Reviving old threads and going on a tangent makes things harder to find in the long-term, despite what some of you moderators may think. Maybe this is just my opinion, but I've been on the net since the beginning and am a member of dozens of forums.

IMHO, every single post in this thread having nothing to do with the OP should be deleted or moved. Most forums do that with varying degrees of punishment/reprimands meted out to the offenders.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Ale... telling someone where they may or may not post is a task best left to staff due to the oft unpleasant consequences & resultant confrontation. A friendly suggestion is ofc always welcome & again, If the OP has an issue with the posts being made in their thread, they may request their removal.

While you are entitled to your opinion & I even personally agree with some of your concerns to an extent, I'm afraid it does not correspond with our policies. While you have some valid points regarding the organization (or lack thereof) of the information offered by our members, generally speaking the administration & staff on this forum find the alternatives (mass deletion of all offtopic posts & reprimands for same) a bit too draconian, we prefer a slightly less restrictive & a more friendly & welcoming environment, even if that results in a less organized one.

Last edited:

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
I actually really like the way these forums are run. They are very friendly! Other forums that I post something on asking a question and maybe describing what I was thinking of doing.... They typically get angry at me for not knowing. But that's why I was asking.. and other hostilities for doing something wrong or asking the same question twice.

Buut as to the actual topic!

That light fits the bike so well! It's perfect I say. I might even mistake the bike for a chopper if it had a bigger engine :p The light really adds to it I say.

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Please accept my apology, fellas. I didn't mean to get so bent out of shape, and this place isn't as messy as I let on.

Don't you guys change a thing!
No problem with me, Aleman. We're good.

You are correct in noting that it would have been better to have had my information in it's own thread in the lighting section, but I took the easy way and tacked it on to this thread. Sometimes I'm lazy and sometimes I talk too much, getting of on tangents.

We come to this forum for different reasons; wanting it to suit our individual needs. For some people it is primarily a repository of information and having it be easy to find what we want to know is paramount.

For some of us old guys it is more a mix of information, looking at cool bikes and building up friendships in a community of like minded motorheads. What a great place this is.
SB

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
When I saw the title of this thread I thought I was going to see some big a$& motor stuffed into a bicycle frame lol.