2nd motor broke. Was working fine, now makes clanky and metal on metal scratching..

GoldenMotor.com

athletichunta

Jul 22, 2010
florida
Noises.

I Think I rode it with to much throttle and damaged the engine.

full throttle for 3 miles... now its broken )": .I'm an idiot, I thought it would be fine with full throttle because thats how I rode my 2 stroke alot and had no problems.

And when you pull the bull start you here a a slight whining metal sound

beentryin

Apr 24, 2010
goshen,ohio
Re: 2nd motor broke. Was working fine, now makes clanky and metal on metal scratching

wide open throttle for long periods of time isnt good,full throttle burst for say a mile at most?

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
Re: 2nd motor broke. Was working fine, now makes clanky and metal on metal scratching

You have a pull starter on it ? Does it sound like its coming from that area ?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now

Use a screw driver with the plastic end against the bone right in front of your ear. It works like a stethoscope. The find where the noise is coming from. Take it apart, find the offending broken goodies, and repair/replace. I doubt running it wide open for 3 miles broke anything major, especially on a four stroke. I'd bet it's something like the pull start, flywheel, or something non "lethal".

athletichunta

Jul 22, 2010
florida

I took the pullstart off and under it there's a thing that it turns(fly wheel?), I turned it by hand and it feels like it may be slipping a little and it makes a eeeeeeek sound. Anyone have any idea what it may be.

I have warranty, but before I resort to sending it back I was hoping there is something I could so to maybe fix it

Last edited:

athletichunta

Jul 22, 2010
florida

The bike is fixed. The problem was one of the springs on the clutch snapping. I replaced it with a spring from the broken engine, now its working perfectly.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now

See, what's I tell ya'? All is well in Wellsville! :)

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az

lesson for the day dont run it at w o t for a long period of time

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now

....or just use better springs if you do. ;)

athletichunta

Jul 22, 2010
florida

Exactly ^^.

Y did it break tho?, was it because the engine got too hot and tension snapped the weakened metal?.

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet

Probably just a defective part. The reason for break in is to set the rings. If clutch parts are breaking they were possibly bad from the factory.