How many miles in one ride ?

GoldenMotor.com

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
So I am curious how far you guys/gals have traveled in miles in one outing.

Today I went 33 miles non stop. I felt like a hero when I got home. Took an hour for my feet and hands to stop tingling.

How far have you gone in one trip ?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Howdy Root. There is another thread on this but could not find it for you. I think the longest I personally have done was just under 4 hrs. Was a joy. Was on my second build and just could not have enjoyed that MB more. Was a 2 smoke and was vibed numb! lol

HF sells fingerless jack hammer gloves or even padded bicycling gloves help big time. Think the HF ones are about 7 bucks and worth a lot more then that. Make for a much better ride. Fingerless just makes it easier to adjust things as needed and if God forbid, save your hands from road rash if ya tumble. (front fender, my fault but was wearing a helmet and gloves)

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
50 miles round trip, 25 and then stopped for rest and then 25 back home only had about 50 miles on new motor when I headed out and it was a little rough and vibrating pretty good but that same motor now has 725+miles on it and is much smoother and runs like a top, I have since made several 20 mile trips on it.

PaulFlorida

Dec 4, 2009
central florida
I went 8 miles to mount dora, fl, hung out on a sat afternoon, then went to the villages, fl, for a movie, 30 miles non stop, 75 total miles that day. 3 tanks of gas, a little left over from 6 liters, so thats an est 50mpg. My bike is ported, I ride wide open, and I have a SBP pipe.

42blue15

Sep 18, 2008
St Louis metro, USA
Non-stop, I don't know.
I did take a trip that was about 73 miles one-way, but I stopped a few times along the way, going and coming back. The engine I have is a 4-stroke Robin-Subaru. I got the tingling too, even though the engine had rubber mounts on it.

I have dreams of making a very small cross-head engine that will turn at a much lower RPM, but don't know when I'll ever get around to it.
~

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
Almost 100 miles last weekend. Took me about 5 hours with a few short stops.....I wanted to test out the range of my fuel tanks....I got about 90 miles to the gallon and I was WFO about 75% of the ride and gave myself a really sore behind!

virginian

Dec 19, 2009
McLean VA
65 miles without a stop yesterday. 115 miles with stops for lunch and brief afternoon stop.
Let me add that I found it pretty easy to ride hilly 115 miles that day. It didn't tire me out or leave me uncomfortable. I'm sure I could have easily ridden 150 miles in a day if I wanted to. I could probably do 200 miles in a day, but that would be grueling. Some day when I have the whole day and the weather is good, I'll try for a new distance record.

I also remembered that I once did 80 miles without a rest stop one morning before lunch.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I have 106 miles on my newly rebuilt engine and so far with the mods. i done to it it is singing like a little birdy.......30-32mph it just purs like a kitten so smooth, really nice running little engine, I'm very proud of this one.

Attachments

Last edited:

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
Almost 100 miles last weekend. Took me about 5 hours with a few short stops.....I wanted to test out the range of my fuel tanks....I got about 90 miles to the gallon and I was WFO about 75% of the ride and gave myself a really sore behind!
what size tank ?

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
Let me add that I found it pretty easy to ride hilly 115 miles that day. It didn't tire me out or leave me uncomfortable. I'm sure I could have easily ridden 150 miles in a day if I wanted to. I could probably do 200 miles in a day, but that would be grueling. Some day when I have the whole day and the weather is good, I'll try for a new distance record.

I also remembered that I once did 80 miles without a rest stop one morning before lunch.
What engine and setup are you using ?

flying squirrel

Aug 1, 2009
Shawnee Oklahoma
hey in July I took off at 5:30 am to ride to my brothers house in Antlers 132 miles from Shawnee Ok. Stopped for gas twice and drinks at same time took me 51/2 hours . My bike is a old huffy with a HF 79cc with homemade mount etc.

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi at the Whiz-In twice a year I ride my Honda/Silent Power EZM 90-100 miles per event on a Saturday, starting about 9 am getting back to camp about 3pm. We do have about 5 stops to re-group (45-55 of us usually) and one stop is lunch. Ride speed usually 30-34 mph on my 49cc, and I ALWAYS have gas left in my 1 gallon Chinese tank, and NEVER leave with it totally full! I carry gas for the other bikes with the little tanks, tho...... The first year I had small stock tank, not totally full at departure, got 72 miles before it ran dry!

Mike

Plindy

Dec 9, 2008
mn. usa.
Seen these handle grip's in a magazine today.
Not sure if they would do much, or even work on a MB.

Could not find a link, but they had (ERGON BIKE ERGONOMICS)

Ps. My hands feel like rubber after a few hour's on my bike..sno.

Last edited: