Cheap basic set up?

GoldenMotor.com

Fast LT1

Jul 11, 2010
Wichita, Ks
Looking for a good bike and motor set up, preferably under $315 dollars. I've been looking at the stinger bike kits, but also need a recommendation on a bike to install it on. Im not to picky on the kind of bike, would prefer a cruiser style though, but i'll probably just buy whatever i can find at a local bike shop that is cheap and has a frame that will work.

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
I recently started a thread that talks about what is the best inexpensive bike to get to sell. Well you aren't going to sell yours but a lot of the info would help you. I will attach a link to it for you but I just want to give you a summary.

Make sure it has front and rear brakes. Also if it has cheap fenders and fender mounts either replace them or beef them up. Last thing is watch for cheap wheels. Thin spokes and cheap hub bearings in particular. I came to the conclusion it is best to find a good bike that is used.
http://motorbicycling.com/f3/what-best-bike-build-sell-20697.html

wbelyeu

Jun 29, 2010
oklahoma city
the picture i have as my avatar is my bike. 150 dollar huffy deluxe with a bikeberry 66/80cc flying horse motor. it is coaster brakes but i recently bought two sets of brakes that i will install shortly. i now have probably 400 miles on it. only issue i have had is crappy coaster brakes. with the brakes installed i will have about 400 as it sits i am about 350. you might want to look into the sch. jaguar good bike for the money and easy to motorize.

Fast LT1

Jul 11, 2010
Wichita, Ks
I was thinking a huffy or scwhin and the basic japo or chinese motor set that everyone seems to be selling like the flying horse. I would probably install brakes later on, and was wondering if you could put the disc brake set up on them too.