Fuel bottle/Fuel tank idea

GoldenMotor.com

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
I got the idea for this from Silverbear in another thread but he used copper fittings and altered it a bit. This is a stainless steel water bottle purchased at Ross for 5 dollars. You can also get these at Target and other stores. Then I bought the brass parts at Lowe's. There are two parts. One is a male 3/4" pipe thread to 3/4" garden hose male adapter. The second part is a hose cap. The reason for changing out the plastic cap is so it will be fuel proof.

This will work well for a fuel bottle to carry extra fuel with you.

Attachments

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
I forgot to mention that I used a very thin strip of teflon tape to seal the threads. The reason it was a thin strip is so it is only in the treads and none is in the bottle where fuel can get to it. I am also going to soak the rubber washer in the cap in gas to see how it holds up and if it doesn't I am going to look for one that will at an auto store or lawn mower shop.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Actually I just use the bottle as is other then putting a better O-ring on the cap.

If you can find them get the orange colored hose washers, they're made out of gasket material not rubber or plastic like the black or greens ones. Home Depot carries the orange washers in where the plumbing fittings are.

Also, don't use the white plumber's tape, get the yellow tape for gas pipe.