New to motorized bikes.

GoldenMotor.com

TehInteractive

Apr 29, 2010
Wisconsin
So I have no experience with motors, but I want a motorized bike, mainly for transportation and some fun. I plan on building a bike over the next couple of days, but I'm unsure of what I should get. What would you guys recommend between a Schwinn Del Mar or a Huffy Cranbrook?

Also as far as engines go, I've read a lot of good things about thatsdax, but also whenever I google pictures of motorized bikes, a lot of them use a SkyHawk engine, so if I had to choose between a:

Grubee Skyhawk Angle Fire 80cc

or a

DAX PREMIUM SUPER DUTY F80 KIT 70cc

Which one should I go for?

Also I will probably be using this bike for some mild to moderate off-road trail use. Do you guys think that these types of cruiser bikes would work for that? If not, could you recommend me a bike that would? To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of those beach cruiser bikes, but from what I've read, they're the easiest to install an engine on. Does there exist a like, mountain bike or something of that nature that I can easily mount an engine on, that costs around the same?

I have my credit card ready to buy some stuff, I just need some good input.

Thanks.

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I think either of the two mentioned bikes will do what you want. I'm a 4-stroke guy, myself, so I can't say either way on the engines. I'm sure that either would be fine. My first 3 bikes were all beach cruisers. I ended up with a stretched cruiser and will probably not have anything else. I don't go off-road either. If you prefer a mountain bike, there are some available but the newer mountain bikes with full suspension can be tricky, from what I've seen. You can do a rack mount with this type of bike and have an engine over the rear tire.