clutch arm vibrating up, & out of socket

GoldenMotor.com

crazeehorse

May 21, 2008
twice my clutch arm has vibratied up to the piont that i have to stop to replace in order to use the clutch. is there something i need to do to prevent this?

sisdavid

Mar 31, 2008
Daytona Beach
Need to look and see if you have the little retainer pin that holds it in inplace. Probably not there. See if you can get a pin to replace it, or you could put a small nut and bolt through the little hole where the pin was with a little drill bit and have a nut and bolt through the whole thing. Have a little pan head screw showing on the outside of your cover.

Last edited:

crazeehorse

May 21, 2008
thanks for the info, i don't think it ever had one in it, the arm kept falling out as i was mounting my engine. i had a harbor freight assortment of roll pins, just happened to have the correct size. ready to ride another day.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
you could put a small nut and bolt through the little hole where the pin was with a little drill bit and have a nut and bolt through the whole thing. Have a little pan head screw showing on the outside of your cover.
That's what my friend did and it works great! He has the nut on the outside of his cover. It's been holding up for hundreds of miles.