I wanna buy a new engine for speed.

GoldenMotor.com

Devil cycle

Apr 3, 2013
Florida
Im a light weight guy 130 I'm thinking to install a 30 rear sprocket.so far the best engine I had seen is the one from ARROW motorized cycle ($900).but can anybody tell me if they are good for that kinda of money.or any other subjection?xct2

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Im a light weight guy 130 I'm thinking to install a 30 rear sprocket.so far the best engine I had seen is the one from ARROW motorized cycle ($900).but can anybody tell me if they are good for that kinda of money.or any other subjection?
It's a high compression race motor that needs race fuel at over $10 gallon
to run properly. It makes 9.5 hp at 9500 rpm which is pushing the design of
the motor.

Not a good choice for the street and Dave won't sell you one......:D
He has turned down a few people already.

Seriously Arrow's Street Race ripps and is all you need for the street at
half the price.

You don't need small 30 tooth sprockets because the Arrow motors rev
pretty high.
Arrow uses like a 40 tooth or more sprocket at the track.

Devil cycle

Apr 3, 2013
Florida
Lol thank you for the turn down...lol. Imma be honest with you I have a small group of ppl around 15 guys we ride every Sunday on the street and but there is 1 guy the is making 45 and I wanna beat him bcuz he got. Big mouth only thing I had noticed is that he has a 30t on the rear wheel,I have lill knowledge and I was making 40 with better spark plug better wire better carburetor and better compression head.but thou that racing engine was the one
To shut that guy mouth.:D $10 a gallon for 1 month is not bad having in mind it's only for a Sunday ride.:) bad think is that I don't know where o find it :p lol.and Dave started selling his engine thru sick bikes I think so I have a good chance getting it from them. But if u say the street motor would do the job ill go for it. :)

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Lol thank you for the turn down...lol. Imma be honest with you I have a small group of ppl around 15 guys we ride every Sunday on the street and but there is 1 guy the is making 45 and I wanna beat him bcuz he got. Big mouth only thing I had noticed is that he has a 30t on the rear wheel,I have lill knowledge and I was making 40 with better spark plug better wire better carburetor and better compression head.but thou that racing engine was the one
To shut that guy mouth.:D $10 a gallon for 1 month is not bad having in mind it's only for a Sunday ride.:) bad think is that I don't know where o find it :p lol.and Dave started selling his engine thru sick bikes I think so I have a good chance getting it from them. But if u say the street motor would do the job ill go for it. :)
Piston Bikes is the only one selling the Arrow Race and Street racer motors. Not Sick Bike Parts.
Piston Bikes is racing on April 13th with a full on Arrow race motor the same
as the Arrow team uses.

Good luck on your Sunday races :D
If you run a 36 tooth sprocket you will beat the guy and accelerate much faster.

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
if you can fab and weld get a morini or ktm if 2 strokes are what you like. if you like 4 strokes look around here for them. hi performance china motors will leave your pockets mty asking for more $$$. read up its all out their on this forum the good bad and the ugly. dennis

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
you can make a 45+ mph china motor that's reliable, more or less. a full built race motor like arrow makes won't last on the street. half the time they won't finish a race. that's just what happens when you ask too much from a crappy little engine.

and at 130lbs, a 30t sprocket should work for you. i weigh the same and have run as low as 28t's on a modified engine, with average speeds in the 50mph range.

the basics, like port matching and proper tuning are essential to get any performance out of these motors. and once you've got a strong motor, lower gearing is basically the only way to go faster on the street.

all my race bikes are geared higher, because you need power out of the corners, not top speeds. my daily rider runs a 30t and tops out just under 50 in ideal conditions, with 24" wheels, full fenders, tool box, etc, and weighs 84lbs.

that bike has a reversed jug so the carbs in the front, and it's running a stock NT carb, stock straight plug head, and a modified stock exhaust.

you can read up on some of my builds to see what i've squeezed out of them.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
we all know you can make em' run baird. but you aint the average dude either. even the best china will die a short life compared to japan/euro motors. that said anyone can blow up the best two stroke with the wrong oil, air, gas, mixtures. proven many times for years.