Motorized Bicycle Saddles & my newest find

GoldenMotor.com

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
I've been happily motoring for awhile now & have bought and tested numerous saddles from little to big & leather to fabric. On my 2 MB's, I've been using two large Gyes beach cruiser sprung leather saddles (Brooks lookalikes). The Gyes saddles are fairly comfy, but are a hard leather. I came across this Serfas Super Cruiser saddle for $45 & ordered one. From the picture on eBay it looked big, but its HUGE! (see size difference in pic 1)...It is so well padded including gel, sprung from underneath & has rear elastomers. I couldn't wait to install this 'couch' onto my bike. I took a few rides & it is soooo comfortable! It feels better than sitting on the couch & I believe 100 miles on it would be a piece of cake. I plan on doing about 100 this Monday w/weather permitting & will post some follow-up.
I just went & ordered another one for bike #2.
See pics
-lowracer-

Attachments

Last edited:

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
Re: MB Saddles & my newest find

Wow, that's massive! I doubt you will be getting any miles in on Monday due to the storm... in case you haven't heard... :confused:

So what kind of seats do you have laying around unused? I'm looking for something, not sure what?

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC

atombikes,
Oh yeah Sandy is coming to town (hurricane)...but it looks like SC will be spared the big nasty stuff & just get some rain & wind...I wont be on the MB.
I've got 2 of the large Gyes saddles like in the 1st pic (barely used) & a just about new slightly smaller Gyes called a Parkside II...I'd get rid of them if any interest is there?
-lowracer-

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA

Same here in VA (I hope). They're calling for rain for a week.

Regarding those seats, yes I may be interested in one. You wouldn't happen to know the model of the seats? Have some other pics?
Thanks.

WightBoy

Aug 30, 2012
Michigan, USA

That looks like a great saddle and price too, they have it for $70 msrp. What part of Charleston are you in? I used to be stationed down there. I worked on the federal law enforcement training center and lived across the street from Northwoods mall. Hopefully Sandy stays away or tones down a bit.

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC

wightboy,
I'm in Mount Pleasant and ride my MB's out into Summerville, up to Moncks Corner, along Savannah Hwy & all around N. Charleston just about everyday for work purposes...Alot of interest here from motorists & everyone else. I always get myself into conversations with curious folks.
'Spreadin the gospel of MB'ology'
-Lowracer-

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina

Hey Lowracer, I'm with you, size matters!! I get some flack about the oversized springer seats I make for MBs. But I learned long ago that the mind can only absorb what the bottom can endure. We're hunkered down for Sandy too, it's already getting a bit dicey here in my little corner of the world.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA

I ordered a Worksman seat a couple weeks ago on eBay. $35 plus free shipping. Its 13" wide. I can definitely see the difference in comfort, and now won't use any other seat.

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC

Sandy barely rained much today here in SC. I actually got a new project underway & was able to ride it on its maiden voyage without much wetness to the roads in my neighborhood...Its a chain drive front wheel drive with freewheel...
Been wanting to build it for awhile now & since my Dax friction drive unit sheared its clutch drum off the shaft at the weld, I needed to do something while waiting for the new parts to arrive (under warranty)...Dax is awesome!
-Lowracer-