Rims and Kick Start

GoldenMotor.com

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I just came across this picture and I was wondering if somebody can tell me where I could order those kind of rims for my bike or how they are called so I can start a search.

I am also wondering how that (looks like selfmade) kickstart might work. If I see it right the cover of the clutch is off and a lever is attached to it.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Thats the thing, doesnt look like its original to me. Maybe an engine I dont know but the Morini or KTM50 look different. This looks more like homemade. I was wondering if it would be possible to simply use a lever on the clutch nut if that would work to kickstart it. I dont give a damn if the cover is missing. I used to drive around without when I had the crappy Centrifugal Clutch. It looks like only the small wheel is protected with something and the area where the small and big wheel meet.

Edit: I just got an answer in the page in FB where I saw this that those rims are from motorcycles.

Last edited:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Look carefully at the engine in your photo and the engine that Pirate is selling. They are the same engines, just painted a little differently.
As for a kickstart that attaches to the clutch nut, I have never heard of one yet.
Perhaps you might invent one and have an exclusive accessory for the MB market?

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Just edited the last post. I dont think its still worth it for me since I want to get a bigger engine anyways.

But hey, tell me about inventing things. I just repaired my disk brake with two 10 cent coins because I was unable to find the brake pads anywhere and my new coaster brake just broke again...