Well, this could be handy to noobs mixing gas & oil

GoldenMotor.com

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Put in ratio you want
In US gallons or Metric and it tells you exactly how much oil to put in.

I just looked this up on a whim (well for a while I thought, they have a calculator for everything else), mainly because my break in is nearly over and I want to dilute my 16:1 mix (yeah, I know) down to a 24:1 by adding straight gas to the tank when I am down to one litre (half tank).

Do these tanks hold 2 or 2.5 litres filled right up to the filler neck?

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Yea I've got that calculator already bookmarked for the metric use. Their master converter is always handy, for sure.

Some kits come with the smaller 1.5L, or the bigger 2.5L. I just checked bikeberry for sizes, and they even have a 3.5L(out of stock though). Ooh, they have the 2.5L under rack tanks! There's whizzer tanks too that are 3.7L(1gal).

Bikeberry's tank page for reference.

So if you mix up 2.5L's and it doesn't all fit, you have the 1.5L :p I wouldn't recommend filling to the top of the tank, unless you bring a rag with you. The cheapy caps are notorious for leaking from sloshing.

gl.

LaLongueCarabine

Aug 15, 2011
United States
Yea I've got that calculator already bookmarked for the metric use. Their master converter is always handy, for sure.

Some kits come with the smaller 1.5L, or the bigger 2.5L. I just checked bikeberry for sizes, and they even have a 3.5L(out of stock though). Ooh, they have the 2.5L under rack tanks! There's whizzer tanks too that are 3.7L(1gal).

Bikeberry's tank page for reference.

So if you mix up 2.5L's and it doesn't all fit, you have the 1.5L :p I wouldn't recommend filling to the top of the tank, unless you bring a rag with you. The cheapy caps are notorious for leaking from sloshing.

gl.
You ain't kidding about the leaking and sloshing, last weekend I topped both our tanks off and just rolling them down the driveway I noticed spillage.