Hi from the deep deep south.

GoldenMotor.com

H G Molestrangler

Jun 1, 2010
Christchurch New Zealand
Seeing as most of you are from the US of A it appears you can't get much further south than me. (Next stop, Antartica!). I'm from Christchurch in the South Island of New Zealand. (Get the maps out guys, but if you've seen Lord of the Rings, you've seen a lot of near where I live). We're more famous recently for having half our city destroyed by a series of Earthquakes, but hopefully they're behind us now so we can move on.

Anyway, after years of mulling over the idea of building a Board track replica, I decided to do one for an upcoming event called the Trans Alpine Scooter Safari. Basically, we ride all manner of mopeds up over the Southern Alps roughly 250 kms (152 miles) from my workplace ar Christchurch Airport to Hokitika on the west coast.

There'll be 250 scooters attempting to complete the ride. The real motivation in doing so is to raise money from the Royal New Zealand Cancer Society. We raised $125,000 in 2010 and we intend to do better this time. You can find more information about the Safari at;

My machine started out life as a GT Dyna Crusier Taboo Tiki, which I bought off a collecter who had hundreds of bikes lying in his yard and in a 40ft container. I added a 70cc Chinese Engine a Monark fork and adapted a disc brake to the front because at the time I was completely unaware I could buy a kit to do so! I finished it off with a laid back brookes seat and adapted the mock tank that came with the bike to contain fuel.

I 'haven't figured out how to post pics here, but if you go to;

you'll see a couple of pictures of the machine which has been named 'The Flying Molestrangler'

So, after that long intoduction, thanks for having me aboard and I look forward to gaining a wealth of new information.

Regards

Dayle MacKenzie
Christchurch
New zealand

Last edited by a moderator:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Welcome to the forum!

Haven't seen Lord of the Rings, but I have seen The Worlds Fastest Indian.

Good thing you're doing there.....nice bike too.

H G Molestrangler

Jun 1, 2010
Christchurch New Zealand
To be honest the Lord of the Rings is an aquired taste, but it was a bonanza for our tourisim industry. The Worlds Fasted Indian is a great movie. One of my favourites. Burt Munro is still a legend in Southland and has an annual bike meet and race weekend in his honour.

H G Molestrangler

Jun 1, 2010
Christchurch New Zealand
I must admidt to giving it a clean up before the photos were taken. I found out by accident that CRC seems to be the ticket to clean the white tyres. The Molestrangler has roughly 100 kilometers on the clock, but I struck an issue late last week when it spat the idle adjust screw out of the side of the carb while I was out testing. I'm waiting for parts to arrive. I gues everything is going to have to be lock-wired, loctite'd. torque-sealed, glued, bonded or beaten into submission if I want to complete the ride.