new to motored bicycling

GoldenMotor.com

sleepy hollow

Apr 28, 2012
huntington beach ca
From huntington beach ca, looking for people to ride with, ive had my bike for 2 weeks, i use it to commute and i love it, im runnin a 80cc ht motor with 44t sprocket, im runnin ngk b6hs, and 20:1 mix, i cant stress how important upgrades are, replace all mounting hardwar i learned that the hard way, i experimented with a free upgrade, if you have an NT carb, rotate the filter housing 180 degrees(if you have the clearance, i gained top end pull and speed, bike has 500 miles and rubrnotns strong

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Welcome to the forum! You might want to check out the Member Map and see who's on there near you. There should be at least a dozen, I myself lived not far from HB up until a year ago. There are also several track events coming up where you can meet a bunch of SoCal members and get some track time!

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Yes, the car and bike show happens every Saturday morning from dawn to around 8:30-9:00. It's very informal and relaxed. When I don't feel like riding, I just drive my truck and enjoy the gathering of vintage wheels. Search my threads and you'll find a lot of photos and posts.

sleepy hollow

Apr 28, 2012
huntington beach ca
So got the bike back in tuned today, rode from magnolia and garfeild (home) to hb peir, it was running great. Started heading home and noticed my rear hub was a tad loose, got it home took it apart, it was time to re grease the bearings, when i tokk it apart all 3 bearings and the 2 outers cups were destroyed, so now i need new bearings, the cup for the coaster arm, and sprocket(sprocket and cup is one peice). I looked into sealed bearing hubs but there $$$, im just going to drill and tap the hub for a zirk fitting so it doest have to be dissassembled to get serviced,