Brand New Member from Texas.

GoldenMotor.com

SergeyTempest

May 7, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
Hey. I'm Sergey Kyle (yes, I have a compound first name, though most people just call me Serge). I'm 19 and live in Fort Worth, Texas. I recently developed a desire to jump into the world of motor-bicycles (among other similar hobbies) for economic and practical reasons, and also because motor-bicycles look plain old neat and fun to me.

I have already been riding bicycles around town the "conventional" way for years.

I am brand spanking new to this whole thing; haven't built my own motor-bicycle or anything yet. I've "lurked" around the forums for a few months already, trying to pick up on some knowledge. I finally decided to register this morning, and hope to learn even more, and get to the point where I might try to build my own. What I'm really hoping to do though this site is network with other motor-bicycling enthusiasts in my area (and beyond!) who I might could befriend and learn first-hand from. Maybe that's just wishful thinking, but I'd figure it's worth a shot.

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
Welcome to the forum Sergey.
Good to see your in the right place to learn about these beloved motorbicycles.
You will learn plenty from this site.

If you ever have any questions, I find it easiest just to type in a couple of words using the search at the top right of the page and have a flick thru.
If that doesnt work out then yeh throw a fresh thread out there.. LOL!

Your more than welcome to drop in to my place if you evr need a hand.;)

Good luck with your future builds mate.. yuo will find yourself addicted to these things in no time.
Be sure to always wear a helmet to mate if ya dont already.
These things will kill you if come off the wrong way.. usually its some other *beeps* fault too. You would be suprised how motorists seem to ignore the fact you are there or just dont expect someone on a push bike to be traveling so quickly.

Enjoy!

cheers
Breno

Ruby478

Apr 2, 2011
Dallas,Tx
Welcome to the forum , im Ruben 22 in dallas .......... i was about ur age when i built my first motorbike ...... best money ive ever spent lol

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. I was more into cars at your age. As cars become increasingly more complicated, I really enjoyed the motorized bike.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Here's what Texas will allow you to operate on the public roadways there.

SUBCHAPTER E. MOTOR-ASSISTED SCOOTERS

Sec. 551.351. DEFINITIONS. In this subchapter: (1) "Motor-assisted scooter": (A) means a self-propelled device with: (i) at least two wheels in contact with the ground during operation; (ii) a braking system capable of stopping the device under typical operating conditions; (iii) a gas or electric motor not exceeding 40 cubic centimeters; (iv) a deck designed to allow a person to stand or sit while operating the device; and (v) the ability to be propelled by human power alone; and (B) does not include a pocket bike or a minimotorbike

Sep 18, 2011
Tyler Texas
Here's what Texas will allow you to operate on the public roadways there.

SUBCHAPTER E. MOTOR-ASSISTED SCOOTERS

Sec. 551.351. DEFINITIONS. In this subchapter: (1) "Motor-assisted scooter": (A) means a self-propelled device with: (i) at least two wheels in contact with the ground during operation; (ii) a braking system capable of stopping the device under typical operating conditions; (iii) a gas or electric motor not exceeding 40 cubic centimeters; (iv) a deck designed to allow a person to stand or sit while operating the device; and (v) the ability to be propelled by human power alone; and (B) does not include a pocket bike or a minimotorbike
That's why MB's don't fall under the scooter law. :)

Texas is a gray area concerning MB's. No laws for or against them. :)

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
A few weeks ago I looked up the Texas moped laws. Texas uses a manufacturer's list which is updated every 90 days of mopeds that meet the criteria of Texas law. So you can't build a motorized bike and have it classified as a moped. However you can build a motor assisted scooter. This way you have a law in writing to show to a cop if you're pulled over. Otherwise you're at the mercy of the cop as to wither or not your bike is legal.