fuel line

GoldenMotor.com

weediez

Apr 13, 2012
A\N
hey can my fuel line be givin to much fuel to the carb i put 1/4 black fuel line to match my bike a little but before i had a smaller fuel line on it see my pix to see old but i was just thinkin last night that could be causeing that boggin down so can u tell me if im right or wrong

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
No, that won't cause any problems. That's what the float in the carb is for- too shut off fuel flow when the bowl fills.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
The float, float needle, and needle seat are responsible for controlling the proper fuel level inside the carburetor. The fuel hose only provides a path for the fuel to flow between the fuel tank and the fuel inlet on the carburetor.
A new, larger fuel hose will have no affect on carburetor performance unless the old fuel hose was too small to provide adequate flow volume.
So wrong would be the answer.

If the float is adjusted too high it will raise the fuel level inside the float bowl and this can cause a rich condition.
Also if there is any debris caught in the float needle valve between the needle and seat the valve can no longer stop the fuel flow when it reaches the proper level. This too will cause a rich condition as well as flooding and overflow when the engine is turned off.

weediez

Apr 13, 2012
A\N
The float, float needle, and needle seat are responsible for controlling the proper fuel level inside the carburetor. The fuel hose only provides a path for the fuel to flow between the fuel tank and the fuel inlet on the carburetor.
A new, larger fuel hose will have no affect on carburetor performance unless the old fuel hose was too small to provide adequate flow volume.
So wrong would be the answer.

If the float is adjusted too high it will raise the fuel level inside the float bowl and this can cause a rich condition.
Also if there is any debris caught in the float needle valve between the needle and seat the valve can no longer stop the fuel flow when it reaches the proper level. This too will cause a rich condition as well as flooding and overflow when the engine is turned off.
thanx man ill lower it and see if that does tha trick