Another old new guy

GoldenMotor.com

tonylumps

Jul 16, 2011
newtown square pa
A young 68 year old who found a real nice forum and need's a little input.Just built a couple of Electric powered bikes That Really ride nice. Then I decided to try Gas powered .The bikes I ride are Rans Crankforward type of Bikewith 700c wheels After Researching I ended up with a Robin Subaru Friction drive from Dimension Edge .They where very helpful and seemed to know a lot about the type of bike I ride. I like the Idea of friction drive it seems to be simple to mount and remove if the situation calls for. Should I have gone a belt or chain Thanks in advance for any advice Tony

Last edited:

Mannhouse51

Jun 2, 2011
West Michigan
Welcome to the forum ! Nothing wrong with friction drive . My motor bicycle is chain drive and my old velo solex moped is front wheel friction drive. I like em both. The solex is WAY smoother though.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
I've got a Robin Subaru engine also. It works very well. Hope to see pictures of your bike soon. A fool never learns from their mistakes. A smart person learns from their mistakes. A truly wise person learns from the mistakes of others.

Last edited:

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I've got two unmodified Robin/Subaru engines. One's got 1.35hp.drn2

The other Robin has 6hp.xct2