New to the forum but old!

GoldenMotor.com

twaddy38

Mar 10, 2012
lempster,nh
73 YEARS OLD WOMAN HERE ASKING IF ANYONE CAN TELL ME HOW FAR THE BEVEL GEAR HAS TO GO ON THE MOTOR SHAFT! i TOOK MINE APART AFTER IT SHEARED INSIDE AND THE GEAR WAS NOT MESHED ALL THE WAY IN. REPLACED IT WITH ANOTHER ONE I ORDERED FROM PISTON BIKES AND WORKS NOW, BUT BG STILL DOES NOT GO ALL THE WAY ONTO THE SHAFT. WHAT GIVES HERE IF ANYTHING. ALSO LOVE RIDING THESE LITTLE CHINA MOTORS; NO LAWS; NO RESRICTIONS; ONLY COMMON SENSE TO GUIDE YOU. ALL TAKE CARE. TWADDY38

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Hello TW,

Gosh, Please Undo your caps lock button! lol It looks like you are hollering at us!

My little pinion gear didn't seem to line up perfectly on my 48cc HT, yet it meshed well enough... I don't think we can expect perfection with these little motors.

Does yours seem to mesh well, and smoothly?
As long as it is fastened tight on there, should not be a problem.

lol
That's the key word... 'should' !!

Best
rc

twaddy38

Mar 10, 2012
lempster,nh
Thanks. Sorry about the caplock. I agree, as long as its working leave it alone!!! It goes real well; and a lot of power up these steep new hampshire hills... all my other two bike motors I had to pedal to get up but this one i bought off of ebay from a chinese importer has power to boot and climb just about anything around here. Go figure. twaddy38 PS. I think the other ones I purchased from Spooky Tooth (now defunct) were restricted by EPA laws to sell.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Hey T,

If the hills are that tuff, perhaps you could get a rear sprocket with a few more teeth, or even one of those shifter-bike kits. The people who have them are very pleased with them.

lol
OR,
get a 99cc predator for your next motorbike! :)

THOSE guys are ALL smiles!!!

Best
rc