Howdy everyone ... another new dude here

GoldenMotor.com

mike1972

Mar 27, 2012
Kingston, ontario, canada
I'm really excited to learn about building a motorized bike. Just met someone at a bike co-op in my home town, Kingston Ontario, and I'm going to end up volunteering there this summer fixing kids bikes, and getting bikes to less fortunate folks to get around with. And, of course, to be able to stick a motor on my bike !
There seems not to be any clear "best" motor, I'll probably end up going 2 cycle though ... and I'm not sure where to be looking for a motor either, so if anyone has any good ideas or positive experiences with any distributors in the Toronto or Ottawa area, please let me know - I'd sure appreciate it !
Cheers, Mike
xct2

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome, Mike.
Keep reading. There are a lot of suppliers for the 2 stroke kits. We always used to suggest that you stick with a reputable vendor who will be there for you if there's a problem after the sale but lately there seems to be as many complaints about the so called reputable ones as there used to be about the infamous ebay sellers. In short, it's a crap shoot in spite of who you buy from. Find one who will ship to Canada and you'll probably be good to go.
Good luck, have fun and ride safe.
Tom

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Here are my guidelines for building:

1) Predominant riding terrain.
2) Primary rider's physique.
3) Lookup and read local legal requirements.
4) Type of bike.
5) Budget.

Stay within these guidelines and you'll have a bike you can enjoy riding. Good luck with your build.

Felix

Mar 26, 2012
Texas, USA.
Hello and welcome. Same situation here. Getting info and decided to order the Grubee kit from gasbikes.com this comming Wednesday. This site is great and have been getting lots of info from here. Good luck. .crt.