Stiletto Bobber Update

GoldenMotor.com

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina
.trkI’ve made some headway on my Stiletto build. Since last posting I have added two vintage Harley mirrors that I got from a junk shop for $2. After much polishing I mounted them to the handlebars using 7/8” seat post clamps from the parts bin. I replaced the standard aluminum kickstand with a cut down Whizzer center stand to compensate for the extra weight. The original was real wobbly. An alloy mounting plate was fabbed for a Whizzer speedo, also from the parts bin, that redlines above 35 MPH!!! How cool is that? My headlight is a Black & Decker LED flashilight that is VERY bright on both high and low beam. I fabbed a mount to the lower triple tree (there were already two threaded holes in a perfect spot, thanks, Giant). The light is totally waterproof, it takes 4 C batteries and lasts for 72 hours. Trying to figure out how to wire the speedo light to the headlight batteries for a little “glow”. Finally, I added a chain tensioner to the primary drive to eliminate slack. My stainless KMZ chain stretchs a good bit when it gets hot. Still have to hook up the speedo (if anyone has a Whizzer speedo drive for sale, I’m interested). I’m also noodlin’ ideas for a metal tool box to mount under the seat, any ideas? Would like one that locks. I might reduce the rear sprocket to get more high end. I haven’t found one smaller than 36ers?

Attachments

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina
I have to admit, Rusty, it's kind of different. Hard to describe but it doesn't feel like an MB because you are stretched out like a real chopper. The fat tires eliminate the pulling I get on my other MB when a tire gets in a rut or something. Actually, it's a blast to ride, even though it's not that fast---yet! I lucked out, the 66cc Chinagirl runs great. I'm glad you like it. Someone suggested I call it Franken-Davidson. What do you think?

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Nah... I like the other guys thing... hardley davidson lol

he ain't got a copyright on it... u could do it too??? :)

Gosh, I wouldn't be a bit concerned about speed!
If yer lookin' good, and enjoying the ride, it's ALL good!

Honey-do's today... didn't get a thing done on my kids motorized bicycle.
I can't build myself another until I get the one finished for him...

Gosh yours is brite and shiney!
Mine won't be so nice, but if it runs well I'll be very happy!

Best
rc

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina
Rusty, took the Stiletto out tonight for a little 3 mile spin and it hit me that she rides like a motorcycle-low, wide and real stable. Gears would make it better, but I want to keep this one legal since I'm real likely to get stopped because of the way it looks..trk