Basic Bicycle Info?

GoldenMotor.com

Kygaga

Mar 31, 2010
San Bernardino, Ca.
I am a NEW-bi nubi, to bicycles in general, and motorized bikes even more so. I am trying to self-educate about both. (my guy bought a pre-built, so I don't even have the install info to apply) I'm looking for assembly diagrams of all the parts of beach cruisers (including hubs and all "inner workings) and raw 80cc motors (which thanks to all of you I now know is actually a 66cc). I have searched the web with every combination of words I can think of and have come up with NOTHING! I am learning all this GREAT info and tips from ALL of you, but don't undestand a LOT of it because I am NOT familiar with "basic bicycle". Can any one tell me where I can find such information? I REALLY need help! (I am mechanically inclined . . . was a fencing contractor for 15 yr. . . . HE is NOT! So it's up to me to learn all the info I can. In advance, THANK YOU ALLfor whatever help you can give me!!! It will be GREATLY appreciated! I,m so grateful I found this site with all of you "giving" people! I'd REALLY be LOST without you!!!

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
If you just take the time to look through these pages, you'll find threads about every bike & engine question you'll ever ask! We've re-answered every question about 500 times! (^)

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
hi kygaga, welcome.

I started like you. I still today get confused on part names, but I've learned. What I did was take apart a old bmx bike some neighbors had, and if I didn't know a part I'd just ask in the catbox what it was. There is also a book "Richards bicycle alamac" or something close to that. It's a great source of info.

Hope this helps and welcome :D
Sam

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I would try Sheldon Brown-Bicycle Technical Information

It has info on almost all types of bicycles and rebuild/repair guides within. Spend some hours going through that site, than on the topic of motorbikes I am with Venice read through these forums for some hours too.
Excellent site/advice.

I would also pop into the local library, they always have books on bicycles.

I bought two very good ones last summer for a dollar a piece at a yard sale, if I can find them (might have given them away) I'll send them to you for the asking....I'll get back to you if I find them.