Continuing use as a bicycle

GoldenMotor.com

garynuman

May 13, 2008
ok so i went out and took a look, i loosened the screw that holds the cable onto the clutch arm, pushed the clutch arm all the way back and retightened the screw in the new position. it seems to have fixed the drag, though i haven't ridden it.

does this sound like it was the right thing to do?

(i also lowered the chain pulley a little to create more play)

garynuman

May 13, 2008
ok, so, in my last post i said that i adjust the screw on the clutch cable, turns out that didn't work. the bike wouldn't even start. so i put it back like it was.

so is it bad to ride the bike before adjusting the clutch? i would guess so, but i don't understand the directions for adjusting it. i mean, i dont think i have all the tools. do i NEED this hammer wrench? whats a loctite? these are terms i have no knowledge of. please help me, i dont want to wreck my bike.

garynuman

May 13, 2008
ok, i THINK i fixed it. i followed the instructions as best i could, though alls i needed was a couple screwdrivers and a needle nose to turn the 'flower nut' seems like it worked. the directions norman gave confused me, but it seems that the clutch drag has been eliminated all together. thanks

sisdavid

Mar 31, 2008
Daytona Beach
Turn that adjustment thing that is at the end of the clutch cable out like taking the lid off a jar or turning your faucit on counter clockwise untill you can push the bike with the clutch held in with that little pin spring pin thing on the cluthch is pushed in.