can't find an answer then ask here someone may be able to help!!

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Maybe you could get the other two for parts or resell after fixing if the price is right....I really like the one and saved the pictures of that tank and fender mouting. Is there a cross over line form tank to tank on the bottom?...........Curt

PS relooked and see a pipe down under the tanks, it looks like the tanks are wellded right to the frame?..........Curt

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
thanks folks for the advice
i did get the price reduced.

Once i get it it will get a rebuild of what needs doing
and front drum brakes are first the carb is going in the trash right off.

edward c
I wouldn't toss that CNS carb Ed, I had issues with some like everyone else but it was mostly air leak issues at the manifold not the idle air adjustment, and most come with that pre-set and sealed now.

The fact is they are bigger throated carbs than the NTs and Speeds and you feel that on a 66cc.

Last edited:

bman11

Dec 17, 2014
Canada
hi i just got a new 66 cc skyhawk motor and i think the clutch is slipping i cant go more then 1/4 throttle and then it is like i have the clutch disengaged to peddle would it be the clutch or something else and also flames shoot out of the muffler and the pipe turns beat red i don't think that's normal

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Could be a couple of things BMAN, Most probable is, New clutch pads got broke in and all ya need is to adjust yer clutch, I could explain here but I'm sure there are LOTS of posts already on the subject, Just search the site. The other is a LOT worse, Blown clutch side seal, If yer seal is blown then fuel and OIL winds up on yer DRY clutch. I say adjust it and see what happens. If it starts slipping again too soon, then check the clutch plate for OIL. An easy thing to check.
When you adjust first time, Spin the flower nut in at least three or four notches.
I got nothin about why yer pipe gets hot.
fatdaddyusflg
IT'S YOUR BIKE, BUILD IT YOUR WAY.

Last edited:

bman11

Dec 17, 2014
Canada
its a brand new motor i just got it yesterday and installed it after work i think the clutch is loose im going to try to adjust it and see what happens any idea why the muffler is shooting flames and getting so hot to turn beat red ?

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
its a brand new motor i just got it yesterday and installed it after work i think the clutch is loose im going to try to adjust it and see what happens any idea why the muffler is shooting flames and getting so hot to turn beat red ?
Did you mix 2-stoke oil in your gas?
Running straight gas is the only thing I know of that will cause flames out the tailpipe as it destroys your engine.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Thats about the only thing I could think of too KC, But fersher he's gotta know about mixing oil in the gas. If not, It's prolly too late NOW. His cylinder is toast.:-||
fatdaddy.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I'm a 2 stroke guy. Buy my best answer would be, that since most of the 49CC 4 strokes are Honda clones, find out what Honda recomends. BUT I'm sure a four stroke guy can come up with a better answer.
fatdaddy.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I got one for all the experienced builders.I am now working on my THIRD blown clutch side seal. OIL on clutch = bad day. I replaced seal first time, good used bottom end the second time, NOW I blew one on a brand new bottom end, $80 worth. The only thing in common is the top end. could enough blowby be getting past the rings and blowing seals? It's the only thing I can think of that might cause this.
ANYBODY?
fatdaddy

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Want to change oil in 49cc motor but don't know how much or what kind. help pleace
A syringe with a piece of gas line on the end makes oil changes clean easy, just suck the old oil out and discard, then fill the syringe with fresh 30W motor oil (synthetic if you like) and with the engine level, fill it until you see oil hit the cap threads.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I got one for all the experienced builders.I am now working on my THIRD blown clutch side seal. OIL on clutch = bad day. I replaced seal first time, good used bottom end the second time, NOW I blew one on a brand new bottom end, $80 worth. The only thing in common is the top end. could enough blowby be getting past the rings and blowing seals? It's the only thing I can think of that might cause this.
ANYBODY?
fatdaddy
Bad finish on crank journal maybe, but a new bottom should have fixed that....
Bent crank, excessive blowby are about all there is.
Bad bunch of seals maybe.
When you say blown, do you mean blown out of place? or simply leaking?
(I'm assuming we are talking about a chinadoll since 4strokes don't have clutch seals)

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Thanks for getting back maniac,New bottom end, I rode it maybe a half hour, clutch started slipping, adjusted, rode to store and back, next day tried to start,no go bro! Too much slip. to be honest, i didnt even check this time, BUT it sliped so quick after adjust that I assumed. I was just too pissed to deal with it at the time. its been a couple days now, so I've calmed down some. I'll make sure of whats up wit dat tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna find oil on clutch=bad day again.:-||

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Yeah KC, HEY,It could happen. I know I've lost enough of those little mothers to make a saint swear.
fatdaddy.
Yep, and not a fun part to loose.
The flower nut is designed the way it is for the specific purpose of using a screw to keep it where you want it because you can't tighten it to anything, it's a floating adjustment, and without the set screw the ajdustment floats away hehe ;-}

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
And the adjustment goes away quick. One time I thought I'd be smart, Took it for a test ride before replacing the screw. Just to check the adjustment. Didnt even make it around the block.
So yeah, The little sucker is kinda important.
fatdaddy.