OK I'll Admit it....my kit.....

GoldenMotor.com

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Here's the kit I bought: Ebay kit

It's just OK. I rarely buy Chinese junk anymore, but I made a large exception here. I think what bugs me is the seller's loose literary license on the descriptions. Especially about the instructions.rotfl

My problem is that I have no frame of reference. If you want to shoestring it, this may be the way to go, unless you can find comparable for less dough($). If you can spend a bit more, contact one of the vendors here. And you can do as I plan, upgrade bits from the suppliers.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
i did the same thing pablo and if i figured in all the stuff that needs to be changed and i need to change i really did not save at all. live and learn is all we can do

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Pablo, if you email me I have complete instructions with pictures on pdf file that I will send to you via email if you like.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Thanks for the instructions - amazingly those are almost exactly like the ones that came with my kit - only like a different Chinese revision. Too funny! Your kit either came from the same place or it's typical Chinese copy everything.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I think they same directions came with every kit. Very vague generalized ones. Mine were so bad that I installed the carb throttle upside down and the c clip got sucked into the engine. I had to take the engine apart and install new rings. God what a nightmare. No matter what the quality of the engine is, it has to be a hundred times better than the directions.

I'm hoping that with all the posts combined on here we might be able to glean one really good set of directions. It would be our gift to mankind.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Mine doesn't have a dished out side. It is perfectly flat which drove me nuts trying to decide what the heck dished out meant in chinese.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Darn that's funny! I still don't know chinese and never will. My buddy and I were going to do a video on building a bike I decided I didn't want to cause my language would be mostly 4 letter words I get a little nasty when working on things and have been known to talk to them. I can see you holding a perfectly flat sprocket and wondering which side is dished. LOL ! Maybe a good comedie "build a bike with instruction no one can understand".rotfl
Don't take this personal its just struck me as being funny.(^)
Norman

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
None taken I honestly did sit there wondering what the heck they were talking about for a few seconds. thought maybe I should send the whole kit back. Now i know darn well I should have lol...

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I have been thinking and you know what we need to do.. Take that stock set of instructions and then insert in red things they should have told you but didn't... then post it on the web.

I think that would be the best thing we could do as a community service.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
we are actually putting something togather well chris hill is with good photo's. take a look at the sprocket one we posted and it will be a series like that on how to build you motorized bicycle

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
yes but you have to come here first. Finding us is the problem I expect. Unless there is a good google search listing.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
we are moving up in the google search listings nicely. real nice on yahoo search. msn has not listed us yet

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I'll have to make the how to make cable ends post here sometime I don't have the pictures and will have to make new ones. If you want a simple how to with pictures let me know. I also have a way to get a headlight and taillight that really works off the white wire but don't have the pictures any more on thise either:confused:rotfl:-||?? should have saved them. I might make a picture story on building a boost bottle if your interested.
Norman