Engine won't turn over

GoldenMotor.com

leadfarmer

Sep 30, 2011
VA
He says the bike ran fine for a month. In my (one bike) experience, it needs a new coil. Mine matched his symptoms. Order and install a new coil, it is easy to do.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
He says the bike ran fine for a month. In my (one bike) experience, it needs a new coil. Mine matched his symptoms. Order and install a new coil, it is easy to do.
Yeah, yer probably right. But we had to check everything else first. And after checking everything else, in my 60 bike experience, It probably is the coil. (Maybe 70 or 75 by now, Who's counting?)
fatdaddy.

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I'm also having this problem, my bike has always ran good but the past few times I tried to ride it I just gave up.

My engine was also "turning over" but it never seemed to spark and give power, I also noticed that it is hard to get the fuel filter to fill with gas, only a lil.

My guess (for me) is that the kit filter that goes in the gas tank might be clogged and that is what I will search for tomorrow.

Good luck with you're problem man, I want to hear what it is not cranking you're bike.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I'm also having this problem, my bike has always ran good but the past few times I tried to ride it I just gave up.

My engine was also "turning over" but it never seemed to spark and give power, I also noticed that it is hard to get the fuel filter to fill with gas, only a lil.

My guess (for me) is that the kit filter that goes in the gas tank might be clogged and that is what I will search for tomorrow.

Good luck with you're problem man, I want to hear what it is not cranking you're bike.
You can take off the petcock, unscrew the in tank filter/screen, and just clean it. Blow it out or whatever and screw it back in. In fact, if you have a good in line filter you don't need it at all. It's not even really a filter, just a screen to keep the big stuff out of yer carb. I leave em in to keep the big stuff out of my in line filter. The fuel filter usually wont get full with fuel. Once the float bowl is full it wont let any more gas down the line because of back pressure (air) in the line. It sounds like, somehow, you might have got some crud in yer carb. give it a good cleaning, put in a new plug, and see how she does then. Plug# NGKB6HS
fatdaddy.