One more break in question

GoldenMotor.com

MonkeySeller808

Sep 17, 2011
Hawaii, Oahu
Hi everyone,

I read around the forums about the break in period and I have questions. People been saying you will have a power increase after you engine have been broken in. My question is how much of a power increase? Will I know the difference? I am currently using a 32T sprocket and I can reach 25mph on a straight away and 30mph on a slight downhill. I have a 2 stroke engine.

Thanks everyone I will post some pictures of my first build soon, when it stops raining!

dance1

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
Honestly, I never noticed much of a difference in performance after break-in. But then again, I have never really used an odometer or a speedo.

That's strange because with a 32T sprocket, you should get at least 30mph on a flat grade. Last I calculated, I got a max of 32 mph on a flat road with my 66cc engine with the 44T sprocket. I've never used a smaller sprocket, but supposedly the smaller you go the more speed you'll get but less uphill power.

What mixture are you using for your break-in period? If you're using a 16:1 mix like the chinese instructions say, try instead using a 24:1 mix. Oil in the western world is of better quality so 16:1 is a lot of oil to use. Won't hurt to use 16:1, but you'll get both an greasy engine and a slight decrease in power.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I feel that 16:1 is also too much oil. What does your plug look like. Before I found forums I too did the same on my first build. With each additional, build I started with 24:1 and on to 50:1. Using Amsoil.