Dyno Four Stroke Racer

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
This is one of the projects i Have been working on. I really want to move from the two stroke motor and get something going with the four strokes. This is a really good project and will try to make it simple and cost effective.

The start is the motor placement:

Attachments

magrider

Aug 24, 2010
OrangeCounty, CA
Jeff, that looks great, My first 4 stroke build will consist of a Dyno frame. What size engine is that? We tried to fit a 6 hp in my brothers Dyno and it wouldn't fit probably because we tried it horizontal.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I played with the bike a little today. In frame gas tank, triple tree front end, it will have a front disk and a heavy gauge rear wheel. The motor is a HF...That will remain stock..lol..For now...

I have the motor mount cut and ready to weld in but need to get the drive first for alignment. I really like how it looks and should perform well... so watch out for a 15 year old (Wolf Junior) on the Grange race track...

Attachments

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
so watch out for a 15 year old (Wolf Junior) on the Grange race track...
That is a great looking bike and should perform well too.
It is going to be an exciting race with all these new builds.

Are you and your boys still racing the 2 stroke class too?
Are you using a CVT?

What do mean by stock? Just removing the governor with
stiffer valve springs along with a re jetted carb and free
flowing exhaust lets these motors make around 8 hp.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
And I seriously doubt Jeff would put a CVT on this little motor, we'll see.....

dnut

That is a great looking bike and should perform well too.
It is going to be an exciting race with all these new builds.

Are you and your boys still racing the 2 stroke class too?
Are you using a CVT?

What do mean by stock? Just removing the governor with
stiffer valve springs along with a re jetted carb and free
flowing exhaust lets these motors make around 8 hp.

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
bad to the bone!! id hack that seat pole tube of the top tube there, weld in a u bracket and make a seat pan for that with 2 little air bags or springs in the back, that wouldlook sweet on that bike. turnin out awesome!nice work

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
How does that engine lubricate the top end, ie. rockers, valves 'n stuff?
Will these parts get enough lubrication with the engine mounted 90* off level?
If so, please excuse me if I copycat your mounting technique.
That just looks awesome!

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Update: I had welded the tank into the frame some time ago and had some leaking issues when I got it back from the sandblaster. With the advice from Headtrauma I removed it cuz I could not repair in the frame. Now I have a tank issue...

I made the motor plate and was able to get that installed, the motor fits real nice. I am going to add a front brace like on my other bike.

This bike is moving along...

Side note: thanks AGK for the phone call and the box of parts...so fast

Attachments

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Update: The motor is the old HF 196cc which I am very fond of. I made a few more parts and re-drilled the mounting holes for the jack shaft to engine area; this gave me more chain clearance. I made some extra gussets for the engine plate and made a front plate to the frame. The forks were mocked up just for looks..They are very stout and should do well.

I should have this bike running this week...I hope.

Attachments

headtrama

Jul 8, 2010
california
Update: The motor is the old HF 196cc which I am very fond of. I made a few more parts and re-drilled the mounting holes for the jack shaft to engine area; this gave me more chain clearance. I made some extra gussets for the engine plate and made a front plate to the frame. The forks were mocked up just for looks..They are very stout and should do well.

I should have this bike running this week...I hope.
looking good there Jeff....

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I finished the motor plate with all the gussets welded in; this motor is going nowhere but down the street FAST.

I have the crank and small chain ring ready to go; they forgot to ship the hardware for the crank. Should have it Saturday.

The motor mods are done and its ready to go.

I have the tank to make and figure i will paint the frame myself. I will put a crazy air brushed paint job on it...fo sho

Attachments