High Performance Carbulator

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I'm happily running the CNS, I've heard good things about the Dellorto PHBG tho and for the extra coupla bucks I'd consider it for another build...

Thing is, while it's ossum to have additional settings and a more complex carb, they can be a headache to dial in if yer not used to such shenanigans :p

Last edited:

mountain80

Aug 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
www.treatlandtv.com sells dellortos and just about every spare part. Go with the phbg series they are fully tuneable. You will pay a bit more but if you want to be able to tune them you can unlike cheaper carbs, its a matter of payin for what you get. I have the 16mm myself and couldn't be happier, threw the stock one away. If you can learn to tune these carbs the rewards are a plenty!!

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
I`m running the SPEED carb. with great results and no issues at all.... Straight from the mail box to the motor and runs sweet.... It`s a big PERFOMANCE carb. but it`s handling my motor with all the stuff I`ve done to it, billet head, porting, ect.ect.ect.....

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
I`m running the SPEED carb. with great results and no issues at all.... Straight from the mail box to the motor and runs sweet.... It`s a big PERFOMANCE carb. but it`s handling my motor with all the stuff I`ve done to it, billet head, porting, ect.ect.ect.....
what is the difference or improvement of the speed card from the old NT carbs?

mountain80

Aug 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
Bigboy it is a phbg 16mm AS. You will have to have a nylon bushing machined to work on the stock intake manifold. As far as jets that there is no one size fit all so you should order different sizes and try.

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
I wondered the same....The slide is bigger, the throat is 3mm bigger, it has another shutoff valve, drainable float bowl...For $25 I figured I`d give it a try....It works pretty dang good for me....No jetting change, just put it on and hauled ass.....But still no pilot jets.....

Big Boy

Feb 25, 2010
Puerto Rico
I take the measures from manifold and the same measures 18mm. With this measure the can be used te 19mm Dellorto carburetor with insert?

mountain80

Aug 8, 2008
Red Deer, Alberta
No it won't work. Dellorto offers two inserts, one with a 23 and one with a 24 mm internal diameter so you will have to have one fabricated in order to adapt the Dellorto. I machined mine out of nylon so that it was aproximately 2 or 3 thou tight on the id and od for a snug seal and fit.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I wondered the same....The slide is bigger, the throat is 3mm bigger, it has another shutoff valve, drainable float bowl...For $25 I figured I`d give it a try....It works pretty dang good for me....No jetting change, just put it on and hauled ass.....But still no pilot jets.....
The speed carb sounds pretty good to me. The price I can handle and if it works right out of the box, better yet. Who sells this?
SB

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
First question you should ask yourself is am i getting the most out of the carb im using.
A bigger carb wont fix 4 stroking it will make it worse, An 18, 19mm or 21mm?? carb would be worse on a std engine exhaust setup. If you do buy a "performance carb" or really just a bigger carb 99.9% of the time you will need to rejet it.

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
First question you should ask yourself is am i getting the most out of the carb im using.
A bigger carb wont fix 4 stroking it will make it worse, An 18, 19mm or 21mm?? carb would be worse on a std engine exhaust setup. If you do buy a "performance carb" or really just a bigger carb 99.9% of the time you will need to rejet it.
X2....Thats why I didn`t go to the CNS carb....I did open up the ports a little and a nice exh. system and the stock carb. was holding it`s own at the time....The Speedway carb. isn`t overly perf. orientated and didn`t have to fiddle with it much at all....
But it did smooth it all out.....