Piston Ring Pin

GoldenMotor.com

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Noticed a loss in power over the past several days. Suspected a scored cylinder (Happened a couple times before) sure enough I pulled head and jug and discovered that the little pin which assures ring alignment had worked itself loose and scored the Cyl. wall sorry fuzzy photos but you get the point.

Attachments

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Oh man that sucks! I am sorry to hear that you too have had this failure.
We need a good aftermarket or re-purposed from another engine piston that will never do that.
I cringe each time I hear that a good engine had been damaged by a cheap factory piston.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Noticed a loss in power over the past several days. Suspected a scored cylinder (Happened a couple times before) sure enough I pulled head and jug and discovered that the little pin which assures ring alignment had worked itself loose and scored the Cyl. wall sorry fuzzy photos but you get the point.
Ouch that stinks man...

Its a good thing the pistons and jugs are fairly cheap but it is still a mess when you just have an engine running good and before you get a few thousand mile of service out of it something so little causes a big problem.

Best deal I know of for a new jug and new piston is boygoesfast and I have always had good service from the parts I have gotten from him.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190933567981?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Best wishes on getting her back up and running strong.

Map

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Be sure to measure the wrist pin height and tell bgf which piston you need, he has both types. Type a is 15/16 from the bottom of the piston to the top of the pin, type b is 1 1/16.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Be sure to measure the wrist pin height and tell bgf which piston you need, he has both types. Type a is 15/16 from the bottom of the piston to the top of the pin, type b is 1 1/16.
Thanks for adding this Greg, I didnt know he had both types now, he used to only have the Type A pistons, Ill have to remember this if I need to order one from him from now on also.

map

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
http://www.ebay.com/itm/80cc-motori...597?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cebcee90d , I talked to Rondon0360 and he said he would take 30.00 for it and the shipping of 13.57 Everything except the upper roller bearing.
Best deal I've seen on a new jug and piston setup.

$39.99 free shipping

basically the same as in the link you posted just minus the studs and nuts best I remember.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/80cc-Motori...Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2595fcd6fb

$43.57 vs $39.99 and the kit from BGF has an upper bearing with it if you like using the stock bearings.

Map

Last edited: