HF 98cc Predator a nice alternative to the 99cc

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey Stephen. sure.......any questions or whatever you need, just send me a PM. Here is a link of a build I did with a friend of mine using the HF79cc and a Q-Matic, it might help as well: http://motorbicycling.com/f37/new-build-hf-79cc-trek-24247.html

Cheers and have fun on the builds,
Scott

dnut

Hi Scott, I read your post on the forum June 2010 about the Predator engine. I am a new EZ Motorbike Dealer in WA. I have built one EZ Motorbike Cruiser and it gets used everyday. Recently I have bought (3) 99cc Predator Engines and I am hoping to get one mated to a Qmatic can you guide me on this?

Best,

Stephen Brazil
EZmotorbike
WA

FireEater

Apr 16, 2012
Alberta Canada
I removed the short breather hose going to the air filter and replaced it with a longer hose raised well above the breathers outlet. Mine is a rear engine install and the hose is actually treminated under the seat. No oil blow out at max rpms now.
Thanks. What is the max RPM and where did you find that info?

FireEater

Apr 16, 2012
Alberta Canada
I removed the short breather hose going to the air filter and replaced it with a longer hose raised well above the breathers outlet. Mine is a rear engine install and the hose is actually treminated under the seat. No oil blow out at max rpms now.
I saw your angle iron mount for the in frame install. Did you end up abandoning that for the rear install?

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
I started fooling around with this. 600cc But I have so many projects so I dont know if I will keep going. I think I will need one of those 49cc stickers, LOL. Have fun, Dave

Attachments

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
That is so cool. Thanks for showing me the pics. Did you fabricate the whole thing? What did you make the spindle from? Is it directly off the motor? How many bikes have you made?
Yes I fabbed the parts for the build. Its a direct drive with a 2.6" roller with a top speed around 40. I currently have 11 MBs, recently sold one.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
No just the opposite. I began using oak at the end of last summer or there abouts. I have one 2.1" roller on my traveling/errand bike that has over 1k miles. Still reads 2.1 with the calipers. Its also very easy on the tire. I ride several gravel roads to see friends and the tire will have small rocks stuck in the tread, doesnt phase the roller. Rubber of the proper hardness made a good roller also. Getting a consistant supply cheaply was a problem. Tried oak when my wife threw out a cutting board. Its all I use now

FireEater

Apr 16, 2012
Alberta Canada
No just the opposite. I began using oak at the end of last summer or there abouts. I have one 2.1" roller on my traveling/errand bike that has over 1k miles. Still reads 2.1 with the calipers. Its also very easy on the tire. I ride several gravel roads to see friends and the tire will have small rocks stuck in the tread, doesnt phase the roller. Rubber of the proper hardness made a good roller also. Getting a consistant supply cheaply was a problem. Tried oak when my wife threw out a cutting board. Its all I use now
So just straight oak, no varnish or anything? Is it smooth or have you roughed it up in some way?

thx