what is a good boardtracker bike?

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
The Worksman INB is just OK. Its a strong frame to be sure but their are issues. The angle of the front down tube makes for a very tight fit for even the Ciina motors, also the the front portion of where the rear wheel / tire lives is quite narrow. The Diamond electra 26X2.35 tires I bought Im sure will never fit properly.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I found a new bike with a vintage look, Macargi Huntington stretched beach cruiser, the bike has a high degree of quality and can be accesserized with a variety of vintage styled parts, you can see mine on this forum the thread is titled Ol' Blue-page # 6(1&2).
If you want a cruiser? this is a great bike, I ordered this bike from bikebuyers.com for $169.oo/shipping $39.oo no sales tax with their special(wich runs all the time) it was there in 2-days, 3-colors blk,grn,blu check it out go to my thread and see what you can do to one of these bikes

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Well most of the reference's given are for vintage cruisers, off ebay, the huntington could make a good tracker as well, cut the cantelevers add a straight bar, Varsity stem, flip the bars and get a laid back seat post.
The bike is all ready stretched and if you take a good look at the bike it does have tracker potential

Last edited:

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I can see it. You'd have to do a full custom tank or a keg style behind the seat post but sure , that could be made a BTR. Thinkin Monarch springer from Venice MB's and loose the fenders.

Attachments

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Beleive it or not Ivers Johnson made motorcycles too, Their look was kinda like a Merkel but with softer differences, the Macargi holds that look as well and would even sweet'n the pot more with some Monark springer forks but a nice thick tank would be scream'n wild!! and what the **** go all the way and put a looped down tube on it,ummmm maybe I'll do one of those next, I'm always giving myself good Ideas

Last edited:

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Hey! you guy's want a really nice vintage styled btr handle bar go to Universal cycles and check out the Voodoo Scorchers I bought a pair for my Merkel and they are too Slam'n hip!! about $30.oo-$40.oo you can also just type it into your search mode(Google) as well

Last edited:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Heres one a member did. Gitten close to BTR territiory http://motorbicycling.com/f41/huntington-15758.html
That was my first bike: Tempus (1). You should see it near the end of that thread; it was a heavy bike but it rode like a blast! I had a plan to find somebody to make an in-frame tank for it, then one day on my way to work - WHAM! I get T-boned by a guy turning left who "didn't see" me, I find myself eating bad hospital food, and that bike is totaled.

Yep. The first Tempus is no more.

Year later: see "Scored a Higgins". This one will be my new ride, and she will be awesome. And she will be named Tempus, maybe Tempus II, just because I like the name and want to keep it.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
You made the classic mistake of wareing you invisability cloak while riding. :( Seriously: I hope you got an attorney and hosed him right back. Its not that he didnt see you, he never LOOKED. Glad you back in buisness :)