motoped sprockets..

GoldenMotor.com

batesbikeconverters

Dec 7, 2011
modesto ca.
does any one know the 4 sprocket sizes on the motoped dx ..last thing needed to complete my ride! oh and a heads up on there frame its not a crf50 frame..dnut if you use any of there spec sheet to your 50 frame it will not work!!

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
does any one know the 4 sprocket sizes on the motoped dx ..last thing needed to complete my ride! oh and a heads up on there frame its not a crf50 frame..dnut if you use any of there spec sheet to your 50 frame it will not work!!
BBC, hows your build coming along.

As for the frame from what the original designer told me ( original owner is petent holder for the motoped ) it's a Chinese cloned honda crf-50 style frame stretched a few inches.

What he holds the patent for is only his jackshaft set up, you can see his patent by searching google patents Motoped.

Please do post up some pics of your build, to show others the potential of these Chinese cloned honda crf pitbike style engines.

Peace Crazy Horse

batesbikeconverters

Dec 7, 2011
modesto ca.
the one i did i sold already and all pics were on my cell and got trans on to my computer that crashed! the guy is sending me pics when he can get to it...im starting a new one this should be easier with all the guess work out of the way...what i have found is that the frame is 3 inches longer and the rake is based on the motor at a angle not level like all frame jigs are set up. and i got a lot of new ideas from specialized-fsr-motorbicycle. and parts like some forks that cost 99.00 sweet!. and pocket bike brakes and chain/sprockets. And a drive collar that bolts to any bicycle hub not the spokes and it mounts the sprocket and disk rotor!. the only way i think can help others is to give them the links for the parts and make a video on what to do on the frame if they know how to weld or have them send the frame to me and i modify/ weld it. or sell a china frame that i modify/weld still working on that. the cheapest frame i found is 139.00 any cheaper????let me know please!!!. any way on my last build i got the frame and motor for $60.00 real cheap i know and all the parts i got most were used...craigslist..total cost was $298.00 with no labor cost. sold it for $2100.00 cash first hour riding it to store...the one thing i guess with the motoped dh is weight... well mine weighed in at 118 lb. theirs 107? .. 118 vs 107.... $300 vs $3000+/- ill take the 11lbs. I'd like to hear if people want to try and build one and if a video is worth my time or not..let me know what you think thanks, scott

Runningwater

Aug 8, 2011
NY
I would be very interested in how and what went into your build! I've been kicking building one of these around for a while now.

PCC Motors has frames for 69.95. 2" longer too....

RW

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
the one i did i sold already and all pics were on my cell and got trans on to my computer that crashed! the guy is sending me pics when he can get to it...im starting a new one this should be easier with all the guess work out of the way...what i have found is that the frame is 3 inches longer and the rake is based on the motor at a angle not level like all frame jigs are set up. and i got a lot of new ideas from specialized-fsr-motorbicycle. and parts like some forks that cost 99.00 sweet!. and pocket bike brakes and chain/sprockets. And a drive collar that bolts to any bicycle hub not the spokes and it mounts the sprocket and disk rotor!. the only way i think can help others is to give them the links for the parts and make a video on what to do on the frame if they know how to weld or have them send the frame to me and i modify/ weld it. or sell a china frame that i modify/weld still working on that. the cheapest frame i found is 139.00 any cheaper????let me know please!!!. any way on my last build i got the frame and motor for $60.00 real cheap i know and all the parts i got most were used...craigslist..total cost was $298.00 with no labor cost. sold it for $2100.00 cash first hour riding it to store...the one thing i guess with the motoped dh is weight... well mine weighed in at 118 lb. theirs 107? .. 118 vs 107.... $300 vs $3000+/- ill take the 11lbs. I'd like to hear if people want to try and build one and if a video is worth my time or not..let me know what you think thanks, scott
Scott, I think you are onto something unique / exciting / affordable!

When people realize how amazing these style builds are they wll become much more popular.

PM me, I have some thoughts / suggestions / ideas if you'd like some input.

Peace Crazy Horse.
P.S. I have a supplier for these engines, with wholesale / dealer prices!

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
here is the next one....just a start...this one will be all my mine...no copy on this one made major improvements ....more pic as i build
BBC, could you start a build thread for this new build in the Motorized Mountain Bike forum.

I would enjoy following this new build and I'm sure other forum members would enjoy following this build, and your build will inspire others!

Thanks again batesbikeconverters, for sharing your builds!

C.H.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
I'm looking for a source for a rear sprocket for my CRF50 style build. What I would like to use is a sprocket that bolts to the disc brake hub side mount. Then come up with a way to mount some type of brake on the freewheel side. Any suggestions out there?

Barnfresh

Sep 5, 2011
Nor-Cal
Found this old thread doing a search on rear hubs. If anyone is still interested all of the Motoped sprocket specs can be found here; https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motoped-Assembly-Tech/1473783869525652

Rear hub for use with combo sprocket, disc, freewheel can be found here; http://www.damgood.com/cycle.html

Also Prate Cycles sells a CNC machined billet Motoped (36h) hub. I picked up one of these and can tell you it's a real precision piece! No comparison to the OEM China hubs. www.piratecycles1.com

I have since located the elusive 48 hole Motoped hub I've been seeking to build a stronger wheel for my electric bike without having to resort to using heavy moped or m/c components.

Last edited: