genesis HD2600

GoldenMotor.com

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
So I was recently in an accident and the insurance company is paying for my new bike. I have in mind the genesis hd2600. Im thinking on making this bike into a shifter but we will see how that goes. My plan is to get a shift kit, expansion chamber, better fuel filter and spark plug, also a high performance spark plug boot. I want to get a better Cdi but Idk Wat kind to get and I don't want to spend 75 on a Jaguar cdi. Has anyone done a build with this bike before? I was thinking of getting a grubee skyhawk 66cc with the cns v3 carb.

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
Genisisonyx29,

Do a search on this bike in the search portion. That will tell you everything about the bike (if it was discussed in this forum).

But, as far as I can see, it looks like a great bike. Has a good size frame (might be a little tight to fit both engine and shift kit), but hope it works. Also, I love front disk brakes on a bike. It lets you do so many things down the road.

Over all, I think it will be great. Can't wait to see it...

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
Thanks and yes this is gonna be one **** of a build if u ask me. And I think it will all fit. I hope.. lol its too bad its not sold in stores because I would go and take measurements of it. Iv never had disc brakes on a Mb but after my accident I realized they are a must have!

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
I don't know if disc brakes are a must, I think front and rear brakes are a must. But, disc brakes (when properly tuned) are great.

I have a similar bike I'm about to build into a shifty. I can't wait, either. I've spent probably 30-50 hours on this site just using the search option, and looking at what people have done. I've learned a lot on what to do and what to do, what to order, and what to stay away from.

If you do the same, the install should not be a problem. I went to the walmart close to my house and measured about 20 different bikes. I made sure the seat post was over 1.5 inches away from the rear tire, and even made sure the bike has enough clearance for the engine with the shift kit installed. I figured, I'd measure 20 bikes, and just order one shift kit, lol.

So, I'm ordering the shift kit on Thursday, and I'm going to pull the motor off my old bike, because it just looks too cool now, I just want to make it a pedal bike only (since I put a banana seat and ape hangers on it, lol. It looks like a large version of a 10 year old kids bike, lol.. So, like I said, I'm going to be doing the same thing you're doing on yours. Keep checking this site, I'll update with my build. And when I do that, hopefully we can exchange techniques and "oh, by the ways".

So, best of luck to you. Did you order your stuff yet?

Genisisonyx29

Jul 8, 2011
Merced California
I don't know if disc brakes are a must, I think front and rear brakes are a must. But, disc brakes (when properly tuned) are great.

I have a similar bike I'm about to build into a shifty. I can't wait, either. I've spent probably 30-50 hours on this site just using the search option, and looking at what people have done. I've learned a lot on what to do and what to do, what to order, and what to stay away from.

If you do the same, the install should not be a problem. I went to the walmart close to my house and measured about 20 different bikes. I made sure the seat post was over 1.5 inches away from the rear tire, and even made sure the bike has enough clearance for the engine with the shift kit installed. I figured, I'd measure 20 bikes, and just order one shift kit, lol.

So, I'm ordering the shift kit on Thursday, and I'm going to pull the motor off my old bike, because it just looks too cool now, I just want to make it a pedal bike only (since I put a banana seat and ape hangers on it, lol. It looks like a large version of a 10 year old kids bike, lol.. So, like I said, I'm going to be doing the same thing you're doing on yours. Keep checking this site, I'll update with my build. And when I do that, hopefully we can exchange techniques and "oh, by the ways".

So, best of luck to you. Did you order your stuff yet?
o ive spent a lot of time on this forum trust me. and dont think disc brakes are important? well if i had disc brakes before i wouldnt have a fractured leg and a destroyed bike lol. and ya sounds like we got a similar build goin here so ill keep in touch with u. and no i have ordered anything yet. im still trying to get agreement with the insurance for the settlement. i started high thats why lol. but i really lookin forward to this build. anyone know how long it takes and insurance company to send you your check?