Need Torture Test Ideas!

GoldenMotor.com

datz510

May 9, 2008
Mesa, AZ
For engine life on these 2 strokes, you really dont want to be using engine braking. Engine braking results in lack of lubrication, since the throttle is closed.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Good point. Maybe going from full throttle to half throttle is somewhat ok, but I wouldn't just snap the throttle closed. Yeah a little fuel/oil is still going in with the throttle closed, but not as much as should be there at higher rpms.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
These aren't motorcycles.

Engine braking on these motors doesn't too a whole lot honestly. Yeah it slows you down a little, but I find it's a smoother ride if I just clutch in and use the brakes. With this kit you wouldn't even need to clutch in if you're just slowing a bit for a corner.

Just my $0.02
I was raised on motorcycles... I rode a 4-stroke MB with no engine braking, & I didn't like it at all!
The general opinion of the jack shaft kit, with my friends & customers, is that without engine braking... we don't want it!

If you rode motorcycles, you would get what we're saying!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I ride M/C's, scooters, motorized bikes and "regular" bikes....I would not want engine braking on the motorized bike, mainly for the reasons stated above.

Also, it keeps the bicycle in "motorized bicycle".

Just my humble "O", thanks for listening.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I was raised on motorcycles... I rode a 4-stroke MB with no engine braking, & I didn't like it at all!
The general opinion of the jack shaft kit, with my friends & customers, is that without engine braking... we don't want it!

If you rode motorcycles, you would get what we're saying!
Judging by the facts presented here about (not) engine braking, and yes we do indeed sell to many motorcycle riders PLUS we are essentially sold out of kits (building new as we speak).......maybe, just maybe we don't like being told we don't "get" it.......just food for thought.