MM hubs

GoldenMotor.com

muddybike

Jul 31, 2010
Calgary
Ok I bought 2 mm hubs the occ one and the modus one .
The modus one almost fits , it has a one mm space all around, but regardless the tips interfere with the spokes ...
Does anyone have a link to or a part # for a hub that fits one or the other ?
When i go into a bike shop and i mention a modus hub or the occ hub they look at me like im on special k .
Either way i have 0 problems spending the $ to get what i need but i still seem to have a problem finding what i need ,
Any help would be appreciated

muddybike

Jul 31, 2010
Calgary
Well I went down to a place called " the good life" here in calgary , they are a non profit organization that refurbishes old bikes , you can buy them cheap , and they have tons and tons of parts to fix them up.
Long story short got a tire rim hub and cassette to fit the occ hub for 10$ and a old style leather seat with springs for 5.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Muddybike,

The Modus adapter fits the Modus 08, 09, & 10 series hubs that are common on the multi-speed Schwinn bikes available at Walmart, Target, K-mart. On these hubs the word "Modus", and the series number is etched into the cylindrical hub portion where the adapter goes.

The Modus adapter will fit any 36 spoke hub with a hub diameter of 1.182-1.187" and a spoke flange no larger than 2.35".

The OCC adapter was made for the OCC Schwinn chopper bike that was produced several years ago. This adapter fits the OCC, the Schwinn XL chopper, and the Schwinn Spoiler chopper.

This adapter will fit any 36 spoke hub that measures between 1.250"-1.255" at the hub, and a spoke flange no larger than 2.82".

You must check the hub diameter, the spoke flange diameter, and the spoke count in order to make sure that they will work on hubs that are not listed.

When we were selling direct, we made many adapters for 32 spoke wheels...4 sprocket mounting points instead of 3. The 32 spoke hubs are not common enough, (as far as motorized bikes), so our dealers don't order adapters for them.

When assembled, there should be a gap at each end of the adapter of .030", or .7mm.

Jim

muddybike

Jul 31, 2010
Calgary
Thanks Jim
Sry took a bit to reply.
Yeah i found a hub that fits but the rim is bent , but i should be styling when I get it all laced up!

muddybike

Jul 31, 2010
Calgary
Well I went to a few bike shops today, and so it would seem that the 36 spoke wheels or rims are really hard to come by. 2 shops wouldnt even consider ordering 36 spoke rims . The one shop that was helpful said that the hub I bought was the weakest piece of junk he had seen in quite some time, he worked a bit to help straighten my rim, so it might be rideable now. The only 36 spoke wheels were for the nexus 3 speed ....
I cant believe after buying 2 adapters that i would have this much difficulty finding a hub that would fit either.