Electric Drift Trike help...

GoldenMotor.com

KeithSeymour

Sep 23, 2013
Northern Virginia
Hey Guys,

I have a well built pedal powered drift trike I picked up locally this winter with the intention to throw a gas motor on it that I have from a broken pressure washer. This winter, I moved into a different house with an unfinished basement that has a lot of "track space" for my son and I to ride our big wheels (this thing is fun with just pedal power!). Long story short, I'm considering motorizing it with an electric motor instead so I can still ride it in the basement during the winter. I'm new to the electric arena (I've built 2 stroke and 4 stroke motorized bikes only).

Here are some requirements I have and I'd love to hear what you guys recommend for motor, controller, and batteries.

Have the torque/power to get the rear wheels spinning (I have PVC on the tires) and to move my heavy 280lb butt around.

Provide enough juice for 45 minutes to an hour of riding on a charge.

Be a geared motor to drive a live go-kart axle.

With the searching I've done, I've only seen gas powered rear drive trikes and the electric ones are the front wheel direct drive. Not even sure what I'm looking at for costs but obviously want to work on a budget.

Here are some pics as it sits now (before I build live axle setup)

Thanks! Keith